Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 31 of 74 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: Need a Disco

We can't knock it.

We have converted only 3 enquiries in two years, but with a combined value of just under £2k

It can be hit and miss, but you need to stick with it.

2 were all day singing/DJ jobs and just picked up a DJ job for February having ignored everything that came through over last couple of months.

Pick and choose your jobs, but in terms of investment to return it is brilliant for us.
    www.nkentertainment.co.uk
    The north wests premier wedding DJ and singer package. We will not be beaten on quality!
    www.michaelmooble.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by NKR View Post
    We can't knock it.

We have converted only 3 enquiries in two years, but with a combined value of just under £2k.
    You'd never get that round here!

One of the last ones to come in, for a 40th Birthday, 7 till 12, indicated a budget of around £80.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    One of the last ones to come in, for a 40th Birthday, 7 till 12, indicated a budget of around £80.
    ... and it has received two bids despite the budget being clearly stated

Why not take advantage of the 'minimum price filter' and then you won't be frustrated by jobs below your threshold? Member Dashboard -> Preferences -> Minimum Pricing

I shall keep on with NaD....even if Ive only managed to convert one booking. Purely because the DJMark scheme has been mentioned on a number of occasions when clients booked direct.
    http://www.dynamic-entertainment.co.uk

Tel:0800 990 3030

The opinions here are those of an individual and not necessarily those of Dynamic Entertainment.

75% on my gigs are by word of mouth
    24% through NAD
    1% through my web site.

Martin does a great job , and I will stick to it.

Daryll
    darylldj.co.uk , serving hampshire , Surrey and sussex

I have converted one this year and it was higher than what her budget was, my only downfall its my scanner not working so i can't upload my pat certificate, any ideas Martin

NAD obviously works for some people and i have been trialing it for a few months have had lots of leads and replied to quite a few by email and telephone if number is available as yet have had not one reply i have worked hard to get all the ticks in the right boxes and am now silver ,but i am not convinced firstly i put the dj mark on my site and found i was getting direct inquiry's to my site then a few weeks later were coming in via NAD i assume that prospective clients had seen the dj mark on the site and were directed away to NAD site which they were unaware of and thought they would try there so have now removed them and added my own legal package to my site were prospective clients can view and print of.
    My other observation after being in this business much longer than most that NAD is a very good tool for the public but will drive down prices across the industry ,10 company's bidding against each other for one job will benefit no one in this industry were prices are at a all time low.again the old adage you wont get that around here seems to be quite evident looking at were the leads come from i have put in a large coverage area on my settings but to date not one lead for West Dorset were i am based.In my case i will stick with it but the jury's out and i will wait to see if things improve.

I think the site works great, I convert a fair few probably one in every 50 quotes I send out but takes a couple of mins to provide a quote if you know roughly what you charge People don't always go for the cheapest often I secure over 300 when that was over the maximum budget, the trouble is people not giving enough information, if you just tell them a price and givethem a web link they may just think that's too expensive then choose someone else.

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD

Quote Originally Posted by hammy View Post
    I have converted one this year and it was higher than what her budget was, my only downfall its my scanner not working so i can't upload my pat certificate, any ideas Martin
    Try the guy who tested your kit, he probably has the file he printed your certificate from on his PC, failing that your local libary or 'office shop' can possibly scan it for you and save to a thumb drive.
    Inside every old person, is a young person wondering 'What The Hell Happened'. Tempus Fugit

Disco 4 Hire

Quote Originally Posted by hammy View Post

Camera on phone maybe ?