Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 64 of 74 FirstFirst ... 14546263646566 ... LastLast

Thread: Need a Disco

Talking repeat bookings

Just going back to how many bookings you get from NAD, since joining my bookings have at least quadrupled over the last couple of years due to this company and in fact is my main source of inquirys now due to my website not performing very well in google etc.
    Also i get lots of repeat bookings following parties that i have done for clients including one client who i done a christmas disco for who then subsequently booked me for her engagement party last year and this year i am doing her hen party and then wedding as well.
    so you may not get many bookings sometimes but once you succeed in securing a booking, you have the chance to really impress them with your talent, setup etc and get repeat bookings as well so its a massive thumbs up from me for NAD.

Quote Originally Posted by Vectis View Post
    Not strictly true.

If approached by a relevant agency (ie Trading Standards, who generally investigate low level complaints on behalf of PRS) then the disclaimer will be supplied.

So it's not "Pushed" but it can be "Pulled".

Have you supplied many disclaimers?
    Last edited by Excalibur; 29-04-2015 at 11:45 PM. Reason: Fixed quote.

A couple, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vectis View Post
    We delete history 1 month after expiry of the account, so you'd be coming in with nothing. It should only take half an hour to get a profile built though.
    Ok, thanks for letting me know. It's probably a good idea to be honest as I have a whole bunch of new photos, testimonials and information that I could put up.
    I'll have a look at it all in the next week or so.
    Thanks again.

That all the docs sent, profile done and a couple of links responded to. Awaiting my DJ Mark now so I can get searching
    Andy P
    Disco Couture

www.discocouture.co.uk
    www.facebook.com/discocouture

Quote Originally Posted by Attack the Dance Floor View Post
    I do use content unlimited
    What is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Events Ltd View Post
    What is that?
    Good heavens!! I'm surprised you don't know.
    I believe that if you give VDJ some money every month, they let you play music that you don't own. You sort of hire it. If you get a request for a spot of death metal, and you're a bit light on it, you go online, and get access to some suitable tracks.

Many new starters have tried it as a way to start up without buying two grand's worth of music, and also apparently avoiding Produb. Dazzy knows all about it, see here.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Content Unlimited is a music subscription service that can be integrated in to VDJ. It's for working DJs and it's provided by Grooveshark here in the UK and Europe. It's licensed via a worldwide partnership agreement between the licencing authorities in the US and their equivalent bodies In each country it's available in.
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Quote Originally Posted by DazzyD View Post
    Content Unlimited is a music subscription service that can be integrated in to VDJ. It's for working DJs and it's provided by Grooveshark here in the UK and Europe. It's licensed via a worldwide partnership agreement between the licencing authorities in the US and their equivalent bodies In each country it's available in.
    .....or apparently not!

Grooveshark shut their servers down last night and have gone out of business due to the major labels deciding that their "seed" content (the 1500 tracks they started with) weren't actually that legit.

PRS would never give anything in writing on this one. I spoke to them several times on the phone and apparently agreements were in place between ASCAP (the USA's PRS) and Grooveshark, and PRS had agreements in place with ASCAP, so they claimed it was all above board. Funnily they'd never confirm that in writing though.

So, Content Unlimited is currently off line (just tried it, no results). Only used it very rarely for exactly the reasons Peter suggested, but it was handy to have, especially for the stuff you're never likely to play ever again.

Wouldn't mind so much, but they've taken this month's fee and now I can't access what I've paid for

Well it was they just got bummed for starting up with some dodgy practices
    Andy P
    Disco Couture

www.discocouture.co.uk
    www.facebook.com/discocouture