Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 63 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast

Thread: Need a Disco

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Smyth View Post
    Your plans with Mrs. Dancefloor are of no interest to me!
    anything you say lad - well its all done, waiting my 24hrs to see if its money well spent - on the bright side SR was only £69

Also need to sort out my DJ mark stuff for my shiney new badge
    Andy P
    Disco Couture

www.discocouture.co.uk
    www.facebook.com/discocouture

Quote Originally Posted by Attack the Dance Floor View Post
    anything you say lad - well its all done, waiting my 24hrs to see if its money well spent - on the bright side SR was only £69

Also need to sort out my DJ mark stuff for my shiney new badge
    Ye gads, that's about what I used to pay to be in the local 'free' paper in the early 90s

When I was with NAD I didn't really do too much with the filters and I got lots of enquiries but the majority of the time I was getting them from way out of my area.
    I'd also reply to lots of them and I think I got 4 bookings in total from it over the 2 years I was on the site.
    I didn't renew this time as I wanted to see if I could get along without it as my diary started filling up pretty quickly from recommendations and residency work but I think I will probably sign up again soon as I have a number of dates that could be filled.

Vectis - If I have signed up previously, would you still have all of my previous information (Text, Photos and Venue reviews etc)
    Obviously you'd need new PLI and PAT Documentation uploaded but just wondered if I'd have to re-submit all of the information again?
    Could you let me know please.
    In my opinion, the hardest thing in this trade is getting the enquiries. I guess once I have sorted the filters and settings out then I can manage the enquiries and as someone else said, cherry pick too rather than look at lots of them and write them off because they are a bit too far out of my area.

So joined, accepted and sent off most of my docs. I don't have a pro dub licence because I've not format shifted music, I do use content unlimited so do you think this will bypass the requirement?
    Andy P
    Disco Couture

www.discocouture.co.uk

You can just sign a disclaimer stating that you do not require a ProDub licence.

Quote Originally Posted by RikkiDee View Post
    You can just sign a disclaimer stating that you do not require a ProDub licence.
    You may want to be aware that they (NAD) notify Produb of your disclaimer so I suppose it's possible they may want to check up on you.

I've been buying up some cheap bulk cd's which Im going to rip so I will be getting pro-dub but here is the dreaded question. If I convert 1000 songs and have a pro-dub licence to use them, do I need pro-dub next year to use them for another year or does the licence cover me for them songs forever?
    Andy P
    Disco Couture

www.discocouture.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by musicology View Post
    You may want to be aware that they (NAD) notify Produb of your disclaimer so I suppose it's possible they may want to check up on you.
    Not strictly true.

If approached by a relevant agency (ie Trading Standards, who generally investigate low level complaints on behalf of PRS) then the disclaimer will be supplied.

So it's not "Pushed" but it can be "Pulled".

Quote Originally Posted by Attack the Dance Floor View Post
    I've been buying up some cheap bulk cd's which Im going to rip so I will be getting pro-dub but here is the dreaded question. If I convert 1000 songs and have a pro-dub licence to use them, do I need pro-dub next year to use them for another year or does the licence cover me for them songs forever?
    No. Think of ProDub licences as "Credits". 1 "credit" per dub (copy) valid forever unless the format is changed again in future. But the total "credits" must be spent within 12 months of the licence date, or forfeited.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakermaker Promotions View Post
    Vectis - If I have signed up previously, would you still have all of my previous information (Text, Photos and Venue reviews etc)
    Obviously you'd need new PLI and PAT Documentation uploaded but just wondered if I'd have to re-submit all of the information again?
    Could you let me know please.
    We delete history 1 month after expiry of the account, so you'd be coming in with nothing. It should only take half an hour to get a profile built though.

Cool, this will be a long ongoing process but the basic account should be good to work on annually
    Andy P
    Disco Couture

www.discocouture.co.uk