Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 74 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Need a Disco

As an un established dj in my area starting out i have to say that need a disco has paid for itself several times over.

I didn't even know there was a needaweddingdisco site.........:S
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

I have taken one booking and that was a £700+ booking.

Personally, I think they have too much choice in terms of contacting 10+ people at the same time.

If people get 10+ replies, they are just going to look for the cheapest price IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by DeckstarDeluxe View Post
    Simon, I've been signed up for a year to the day on needadisco. Currently trying to work out if it is worth the money and to be fair if Martin wasn't running it there wouldn't be any question about it.

I have yet to receive a single reply yet alone a booking!
    That sums up my whole experience of said site for me too.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    I have taken one booking and that was a £700+ booking.

Personally, I think they have too much choice in terms of contacting 10+ people at the same time.

If people get 10+ replies, they are just going to look for the cheapest price IMO.
    See if I replied to one that was posted 30 minutes ago the client has received at least ten replies.

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

See if I replied to one that was posted 30 minutes ago the client has received at least ten replies.
    Hence why we go out of our way to provide more insight into the customer's buying criteria, such as homing in on their budget expectations and asking them how they will judge the responses.

If you find, for example, that responses to requests for high quality DJs for 21st birthday parties in community centres are not for you, then use the extensive filtering tools to ensure you don't receive such quotes in the future.

For the quotes you DO receive, use the additional information provided to decide whether they're for you or not before you put time into responding.

Simples.

I didn't even know there was a needaweddingdisco site.........:S
    Me neither

and gone with the cheapest - exactly.

and as Martin said earlier about a Quality DJ at the lowest price being a valid requirement - yes I suppose in the strictest sense of the word it is a valid requirement, but c'mon let's be real, surely if you're asking for a budget price (and let's not play around with words, it's what she's after (lowest price, cheapest or however you want to dress it up)) you shouldn't be putting quality DJ in the other bracket as the two statements don't really marry together do they - Quality DJ = Lowest Price - Naw, not buying that at all I'm afraid.
    Every day's a school day

Floorfillerz Mobile Disco

Simon Pridmore

Quote Originally Posted by Vectis View Post
    If you find, for example, that responses to requests for high quality DJs for 21st birthday parties in community centres are not for you, then use the extensive filtering tools to ensure you don't receive such quotes in the future.

One of the main niggles for me is that I have my settings set to only receive leads from those that have specified "Quality DJ" leads (at least I think I do*). Yet I still get leads for people requesting "a range of quotes". I'd be much happier if I only received leads only from the ones that have specified wanting a "quality DJ".

Have I gone wrong somewhere within my settings?

*Edit: Yep, just checked that I have my settings set to just "quality leads". I can't see any opt out for "range of leads".
    Last edited by Shaun; 31-08-2011 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vectis View Post
    Hence why we go out of our way to provide more insight into the customer's buying criteria, such as homing in on their budget expectations and asking them how they will judge the responses.

Simples.

The thing is Martin I am more than happy to quote for those types of functions. I've yet to actually filter out the budget leads. I consider myself a "Mid priced DJ" yet I bet the clients view of mid priced isn't the same as mine.

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    Have I gone wrong somewhere within my settings?

Edit: Yep, just checked that I have my settings set to just "quality leads". I can't see any opt out for "range of leads".

Originally there were just 3 to choose from - budget, mid-priced and quality.

Feedback from customers showed that a LOT (I'm talking 70%+) didn't have a clue about DJ costs as they very rarely if ever book one (despite us putting up a table of example costs based on actuals).

Therefore "A range of quotes" was added.

Unfortunately, for the recipient DJ, this can be vague. But everything we do is in line with customer feedback, and this 'range' feature is commonly used.

In these cases you need to look at the other information provided with the quote to determine whether or not to reply.

Hopefully, in time as we build up a decent tail of purchase data, we'll be able to provide indicative costs for any given function type, venue type or geographic area so that they can make a more informed choice and ultimately lose the 'range' option.