Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 51 of 74 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: Need a Disco

Well, I've just had a client meeting tonight with a couple getting married next month and I always ask how they had found me, referal, google etc etc. To which she replied they had gone a website that rates DJs and I was rated "platinum" and it was infact Needadisco they had been on.

So although the enquiry didn't come directly from NAD it helped in me getting it so I'm going to claim that as a NAD booking
    Professional DJ & Event services inc Led & Starlight dancefloors, Venue uplighting

Derbyshire Wedding DJ - Wedding Uplighting, Dancefloors and Professional Wedding DJs

Default Damned with faint praise.

Well I've got to say that at the moment, NaD is filling a few of the blanks in my diary, and I thought I had one in the bag for Saturday in Doncaster, a female 21st. All seemed set fair after a phone call, but I've been undercut by £40, and so didn't get it. Luckily, I'd quoted for a 50th in Malton on the same night, and the lady has just confirmed me as the winner on the site. What reason has she put for choosing me over all others? Equipment choice? Phone manner? Good Feedback? Willingness to accept playlists? Err, no.

Only one to respond! Blimey, she could have embroidered it a bit.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Nice to see a sensible budget for an experienced DJ on NAD: Customer has indicated a budget of around £/€1000. She could have got quite a lot for her money. Pity I'm already booked.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    Nice to see a sensible budget for an experienced DJ on NAD: Customer has indicated a budget of around £/€1000. She could have got quite a lot for her money. Pity I'm already booked.
    Someone had mentioned this before, but it could be that their budget was for DJ, disco, dance floor and uplighting etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post

Think about how many Maplin polis lights the DJ she gets for that amount will turn up with

Is NAD worth getting into?

I use AmpDJ pretty much for the PLI, you're lucky if I chase up 1 in 10 of the enquiries as they're really not what I'm looking for (18ths, 21sts, "fundrairasers" and the like) or looking for "a price"

I don't feel the need to spend money on another enquiry generator that will be much of the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim - Scotland's Party DJ View Post

Think about how many Maplin polis lights the DJ she gets for that amount will turn up with

I use AmpDJ pretty much for the PLI, you're lucky if I chase up 1 in 10 of the enquiries as they're really not what I'm looking for (18ths, 21sts, "fundrairasers" and the like) or looking for "a price"

I don't feel the need to spend money on another enquiry generator that will be much of the same.
    Landing one gig a year (or even every two/three years) that you wouldn't have normally have quoted for more than pays for the price of admission. Use the filters to so you don't see any category (kids, 18th etc) you're not interested in and just cherry pick the ones you like the look of to respond to - you don't have to send a quote for everything.

If you haven't got a decent website.
    No idea how to promote yourself.
    Need to get more work.

110% Brilliant idea, and they have this deal - "we guarantee you will receive 10x your subscription back in confirmed bookings in your first year."
    Lots of handy features and you can filter out the type of leads which you don't want, very comprehensive.

I must admit though the majority of work I secure through it is last minute bookings or towards the cheaper price point, if you are willing to reduce your price to fill dates at short notice it's very helpful.
    Saying that I've secured some good high end weddings and parties also but there is quite a lot of competition for those enquiries!!

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD

Consider my arm thoroughly twisted

Hmmmmmmmmmmm. After due consideration, I'd say yes.

Because you're far enough North not to be competing for work in my area.

Quote Originally Posted by ukpartydj View Post
    Saying that I've secured some good high end weddings and parties also but there is quite a lot of competition for those enquiries!!
    Me too. It's noticeable that the weddings with significant budgets can attract ten or fifteen quotes. The hundred quid for six hours in a WMC, far less. Not rocket science, really.

If the bookings you secure are for a figure you're happy with, what's to moan about? My quotes vary wildly based on distance, venue, times and complexity of function. If it's over fifty miles in a direction I don't want to go, I load it. If it's ten miles down the road, easy gig, and short hours, I'll lower the price. Never lower than it's sound economic sense to go out for though.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

I missed this:

Quote Originally Posted by ukpartydj View Post
    "we guarantee you will receive 10x your subscription back in confirmed bookings in your first year."
    I didn't get a single booking... I might have to go and read the small print.

Julian
    http://www.bristoldiscohire.co.uk - Quality Disco and Equipment hire for Bristol & Bath
    Weddings, Birthday Parties, Kids Parties, School Disco's and more
    https://julianburr.co.uk - Wedding, Family, Portrait and Product Photography