Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 62 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast

Thread: Need a Disco

I keep meaning to join then buying stuff, but ive been pretty much as capacity for last two months so not sure its needed. I am however feeding work to a friend who has started up but joining for his behalf is not good business for me - however he lives in the next county and its far more expensive to join for him.

I get a fair few links from ampdj who do the pli thing for me, Ive gota ton of free adds but my main source other than word of mouth is facebook, followed by Web followed by Google and Yell
    Andy P
    Disco Couture

www.discocouture.co.uk
    www.facebook.com/discocouture

Quote Originally Posted by juski View Post

I suppose it can be a bit of a time sink if you're having to deal with a lot of enquiries. More so if the conversion rate is low.
    For those of us DJs Of Negotiable Virtue, if you don't apply filters to NaD, there have been occasions when enquiries have been coming in faster than I can reply to them. If like Martin, you want to cherry pick and really target the ones you fancy, that's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Attack the Dance Floor View Post
    So many of you are in favour of a bespoke response to the enquiry rather than working with a structure and just changing key information.
    That's my only realistic option. Perhaps some form of middle ground is the best way?
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    For those of us DJs Of Negotiable Virtue, if you don't apply filters to NaD, there have been occasions when enquiries have been coming in faster than I can reply to them. If like Martin, you want to cherry pick and really target the ones you fancy, that's fine.

That's my only realistic option. Perhaps some form of middle ground is the best way?
    Well, I intend to filter my customer base somewhat when I'm flying solo. Whether that will ever be a reality remains to be seen. The filtering, that is. Not the flying solo. I'm still on track to be doing that by the end of Q3 this year

Recently the biggest annoyance with regard to needadisco has been the limit of number of responses each client receives.
    I can understand maybe they don't want to look through 15 quotes but I don't think only giving them the first 5 responses is fair on the DJs and you're not delivering to the client quality quotes, just quick quotes!

I once spent a bit of time replying to an enquiry which I was really interested in. I always leave putting the email address in the email until last incase the email sends prematurely and when I went to grab the email address from needadisco either I accidently refreshed the page or it dynamically updated - either way all the details disappeared and it was "on hold" ARRRRR!!!

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD

The number of quotes required is a question answered by the client and has been part of the enquiry form for several years. The default is "As many as possible". If this is changed, it's the client's choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Vectis View Post
    The number of quotes required is a question answered by the client and has been part of the enquiry form for several years. The default is "As many as possible". If this is changed, it's the client's choice.
    Yes, I realise they make the decision. It is just very frustrating to see what you could have quoted for with no way of doing anything about it.

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD

Quote Originally Posted by ukpartydj View Post
    Recently the biggest annoyance with regard to needadisco has been the limit of number of responses each client receives.
    I can understand maybe they don't want to look through 15 quotes but I don't think only giving them the first 5 responses is fair on the DJs and you're not delivering to the client quality quotes, just quick quotes!

I once spent a bit of time replying to an enquiry which I was really interested in. I always leave putting the email address in the email until last incase the email sends prematurely and when I went to grab the email address from needadisco either I accidently refreshed the page or it dynamically updated - either way all the details disappeared and it was "on hold" ARRRRR!!!
    Top tip - if you're going to respond....hit the "Responded" button on the lead, then if it locks out for too many quotes etc, you can still see the client details.

I'm going in tonight....
    Andy P
    Disco Couture

www.discocouture.co.uk
    www.facebook.com/discocouture

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Attack the Dance Floor View Post
    I'm going in tonight....
    Your plans with Mrs. Dancefloor are of no interest to me!

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Smyth View Post
    Your plans with Mrs. Dancefloor are of no interest to me!
    Scott.

SC Events | Facebook

Professional Conference & AV Services, Corporate Entertainment, Equipment Hire and DJs