Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Powerbar off colour

Just as an update on this.

I spoke to Why Buy New where I got it from and as it was out of the 12 month warranty they weren't interested so got onto to Lamba service department explained the problem and we're hoping it's a faulty Can. They had 2 in stock so I bought them both (can't beat a bit of back up )

Price each inc del was £41 + vat

I'll let you know if that solves it.
    Professional DJ & Event services inc Led & Starlight dancefloors, Venue uplighting

Derbyshire Wedding DJ - Wedding Uplighting, Dancefloors and Professional Wedding DJs

Quote Originally Posted by Spirits High View Post
    Just as an update on this.

I spoke to Why Buy New where I got it from and as it was out of the 12 month warranty they weren't interested so got onto to Lamba service department explained the problem and we're hoping it's a faulty Can. They had 2 in stock so I bought them both (can't beat a bit of back up )

Price each inc del was £41 + vat

I'll let you know if that solves it.
    Have you made sure that they are the right cans Paul?

There are 2 different sorts as I found out when they sent me 2 replacement that I thought were both dead...

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    Have you made sure that they are the right cans Paul?

There are 2 different sorts as I found out when they sent me 2 replacement that I thought were both dead...
    I remember reading your thread now! They were the only ones they had so hoping they are but will find out for definite when they arrive. At least I know not to panic if they don't work
    Professional DJ & Event services inc Led & Starlight dancefloors, Venue uplighting

Derbyshire Wedding DJ - Wedding Uplighting, Dancefloors and Professional Wedding DJs

With you - My power bar (just over a month old) was used for the 3rd time and completely died the other night - to go back a step it kept randomly freezing whether the unit was on S2L or static colours and an 'S' or '5' was displayed on the back - I can't find out what this means in the manual as it isn't listed. The only way to free it up was to cut the power to the unit for several seconds and wait for the next time it froze.
    Anyway I went on holiday the next morning after that gig and when I got back did a series of gigs with no powerbar in the set up so the 'fault' slipped my mind.
    I used it the other day and it froze, I cut the power plugged it in again, heard a loud 'click' and then nothing, nada, no lights, no power, nothing, the parrot is well and truly dead - So need to ring RSD on Monday - they can have the bugger back.
    were you using the foot contoller when the above happens ? if yes try it without the foot controller hooked up.

One of mine used to freeze in fact we found that the bar n cans were getting bloody hot ! - when I took back to shop we found it was foot controller at fault.
    new website domain name... http://www.dejavuroadshow.tk/

Thought I'd just update you on this and let you know what the problem was.

After ordering the spare complete cans from Lamba I got a phonecall as expected and did a bit of checking over the phone as we know there are 2 types of can (Thanks Darren).

Once we'd established which type of PCB I had instead of ordering the complete can I ended up buying 2 PCBs. Swapped it over and problem solved all nice and working again.

The PCBs came in around £15 cheaper than buying the complete can so thanks to Lamba for that one.

Happy days

My Powerbar went back to RSD about a month ago now. They sent it to KAM and since then I haven't heard a thing, Nada, Nothing from RSD - great customer service - Not!
    Every day's a school day

Floorfillerz Mobile Disco

Simon Pridmore

I phoned RSD on Friday (about 1 ish) - Whoever I spoke to went "Urm, ahhhh, Ooooo, let me speak to KAM and I'll get straight back to you, let me just confirm your number", which he did.

It's now Monday 11:30 ish and I'm still waiting for the call back......................
    Every day's a school day

Simon Pridmore

Quote Originally Posted by simonp View Post
    I phoned RSD on Friday (about 1 ish) - Whoever I spoke to went "Urm, ahhhh, Ooooo, let me speak to KAM and I'll get straight back to you, let me just confirm your number", which he did.

It's now Monday 11:30 ish and I'm still waiting for the call back......................
    Simon, you're just goading me into posting that link, aren't you?
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Simon, you're just goading me into posting that link, aren't you?
    What

Moi

Every day's a school day

Simon Pridmore

Quote Originally Posted by simonp View Post
    What

Moi

Ja.

Du.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk