Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: DJ-PRO DECKS good or bad for gigs

Smile DJ-PRO DECKS good or bad for gigs

Hi all

im looking at taking up mobile dj-ing as a extra cash side line so far i have bought these decks at the right price for £200.
    they came with a very tidy set of 500watt built in amp speakers wich i wouldnt use for gigs as they are for studio use but they are bassy as they also came with a good pair of headphones and a dynamic mic.

things i have collected

mp3/usb/mixing decks

headphones

mic

6x usb 5gb memory sticks

laptop

a full copy of virtal mixing deck

karafun karaoke with over 20000 sunfly tracks

2x 22"flat screen mointors

lighting stuff !!

1x soundlab mushroom

1x 4 bulb disco spots

1x prisym chavelet

1x wild tec flower effect

3x njd iq 250 scanners

1x sky-tec smoke machine

so there you go thats what i have collected up to now

reguards spikey
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Looks like a toy & anything that has "Pro" in it's name usually is far from it.

I don't think you're off to a good start.
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Steve View Post
    Looks like a toy & anything that has "Pro" in it's name usually is far from it.

I don't think you're off to a good start.
    I'm roughly in agreement with Steve here, but I hope and believe we can guide your steps on the path to getting suitable gear. Seek advice mate, it's better in the long run than buying unsuitable kit first.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Can't say I'm familiar with the product, but it seems to have all the functions you'd need to start mobile DJing.
    As far as how long it'll last, that's yet to be seen - but If you look after your equipment chances are it'll serve you well while you get on your feet.

I wouldn't go as far as saying it looks like a toy but for £200 you could've perhaps bagged a better deal on the 2nd Hand market on some 'named brand' kit (This forum for example lol) - Having said that, it's a lot more "pro" than what I started out with!!! (two Philips Hi-Fi CD Players!)

As Excalibur said, this forum is a trove of information and plenty of people will be able to help guide you in the right direction - Just ask!

Quote Originally Posted by mattydinx View Post
    Can't say I'm familiar with the product, but it seems to have all the functions you'd need to start mobile DJing.
    As far as how long it'll last, that's yet to be seen - but If you look after your equipment chances are it'll serve you well while you get on your feet.

I wouldn't go as far as saying it looks like a toy but for £200 you could've perhaps bagged a better deal on the 2nd Hand market on some 'named brand' kit (This forum for example lol) - Having said that, it's a lot more "pro" than what I started out with!!! (two Philips Hi-Fi CD Players!)

As Excalibur said, this forum is a trove of information and plenty of people will be able to help guide you in the right direction - Just ask!
    LOL matty
    two Philips Hi-Fi CD Players

the decks i bought are quiet heavy duty i bought them about 5 month ago just to mess around with and i thought they might of been ok to get started with at the moment they have got the tv and pc on the input on the back good for xfactor LoL.
    ive have them running through a 500watt amp and had them running near at full volume says the mrs

they normaly priced in the shops or ebay at £345 upwards

LoL just messing around in the back garden a few weeks ago LoL

I would hang around on this forum for a while and really take advantage of the thread search facility. I did this before I bought all my kit and it was a great way to avoid buying the wrong stuff. The problem you may have is that what you have bought may be ok for home use but how reliable will it be for playout on the road ?. Ask here before you buy anything else as the people on this site are real pro's who really know there stuff at high end and low end prices. Best of luck though