Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wedding Flyer.... Thoughts please :)

By the time you have paid for printing, could you not have asked somebody to design it too?

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    By the time you have paid for printing, could you not have asked somebody to design it too?
    I dont intend to have it printed at the moment

It will be attached as a PDF to any future replies to initial enquiries etc.

Is it still no good then Charlie?

I am very limited in what I can do with Powerpoint (Lol) I do have a copy of Photoshop on an old PC, I think I need to dig out the disc...

Supplying Premier DJ's for Weddings,
    Birthdays & Social Events.

www.basingstokediscos.co.uk

You need to do something with the solid plain black. That's what is making it look dodgey.

I don't think there's anything wrong with the black personally. I use a lot of black in my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakermaker Promotions View Post
    I don't think there's anything wrong with the black personally. I use a lot of black in my stuff.
    You're right there's absolutely nothing wrong with black.

I said the solid plain black, maybe add some texture, noise or gradient to it to stop it looking so flat.

Black isn't a very wedding-y colour though is it and surely you are trying to appeal to brides?

It's a flyer at the end of the day, a little something I can send in a return email to enquiries. I'm no designer, but I think my second attempt doesnt look so home made.

I'm sure I've seen alot worse attempts at home made flyers/posters on the forum. It's still not 100% I know, I just don't want to look like a complete amateur if I send flyers like these to potential clients.

Supplying Premier DJ's for Weddings,
    Birthdays & Social Events.

www.basingstokediscos.co.uk

You're totally correct Darren, Black isn't a wedding-ish colour. More like White/Ivory/Lilac etc is ideal.

I use a lot of black on my site because I like the look of it. I am not catering for JUST weddings although that's where a lot of my work is.

Mike, pardon the pun but have a fiddle mate....something will just come to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ecstatic Events View Post
    It's a flyer at the end of the day, a little something I can send in a return email to enquiries. I'm no designer, but I think my second attempt doesnt look so home made.

I'm sure I've seen alot worse attempts at home made flyers/posters on the forum. It's still not 100% I know, I just don't want to look like a complete amateur if I send flyers like these to potential clients.
    I think it does still look amateur, not bad, but amateur.

If that's not the image you wish to project, then I'd advise getting someone to do it for you.

There's no point in mentioned others efforts as that's not what the thread is about.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakermaker Promotions View Post

I use a lot of black on my site because I like the look of it. I am not catering for JUST weddings although that's where a lot of my work is.
    That's all fair enough, but we are talking about Mike's flyer, not your website.

Yes, I know that but I was replying to your "black isn't a wedding-iny colour" comment.

Moving on.....