Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Unbelievable!

Default Unbelievable!

My daughter came home from school the other day, with an enquiry from her friends mum about a kids disco. As she was a friend, I said I'd do the 2 hours for £75. Had a text message this morning saying "no thanks £75 is too much for two hours!" Bleeding people want something for nothing all the time. To be honest, its a relief I don't have to do it! What would you guys have charged?

Covering, West Midlands, Cotswolds, South & Mid Wales. Have van, will travel!
    National Association of DJs

£75 seems to be a fair price thats probably about what i would charge!
    DJ's DON'T SHARE NEEDLES

I couldn't go under £75 as a minumum really, it would take longer to setup and takedown. (almost) I guess if you work it out per hour it is quite expensive but if they want better value, I don't think they'd find anywhere that would do it for less. You'd have to be mad anyway, unless they were a really good friend of course

yeah if it was close family like your brothers kid or something then do it for a couple of pints but only for close family
    DJ's DON'T SHARE NEEDLES

Seems like a good deal you offered them Pete. I have a starting price of £85 for up to 2 hours for kids (if local). That price is based on it being a midweek event with an easy load-in and a very small sound system and 2 small lighting effects. Weekend kids parties are charged at full rate.

Not even close
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

I understand this situation very well Peeps.

My wife is a teacher at a local primary school (in fact it is the same one my children went to)

When they were pupils I used to do their parties for a lower rate than normal simply because of this.

I have lost count lately of the number of enquiries that my wife brings home looking for a disco because
    "They know me"

One of the best came in a couple of days ago:- This couple wanted a quote for a 5 hour wedding reception at one of the worst venues in the area (loadsa stairs and corridoors) saying that they had been quoted the horrendous price of £95.00, and they wondered if I would do it cheaper!!!

After speaking with them it turns out they have only got a budget of £50.00 for a disco.

Some people really Make me laugh.

reagrds All

Mayhem 1
    Facebook - Bumble 'B' Roadshow
    Twitter - KidsChaos
    Skype - Garry.Williams402

Thats not a budget--thats an insult!

crazy k

I think the opening sentence sets the tone and would set alarm bells ringing. I would not have quoted, but given daughter the tri-fold to take back with a line saying dads prepared to provide a good discount and give him a call. Then I think you would have got the money.
    Last edited by Murrough; 22-09-2006 at 08:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZY K ROADSHOW
    Thats not a budget--thats an insult!

crazy k
    Just what I thought mate,
    the crazy thing is I have now found out that they have found someone to do it!!!!

reagrds
    Mayhem 1
    Facebook - Bumble 'B' Roadshow
    Twitter - KidsChaos
    Skype - Garry.Williams402