Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For Sale Threads - Unlimited edit?

Default For Sale Threads - Unlimited edit?

I don't know if this is possible, but could we have no time limit on editing threads in the For Sale section? Purely so we can add if an item has been sold etc.

Just a thought?

Thanks.

I think thats a good idea.

Only cos you sold me a drum kit last week.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    I think thats a good idea.

Only cos you sold me a drum kit last week.

How is that by they way? Having fun with it?

I hope you're looking after it

Quote Originally Posted by Cowlinn View Post
    I don't know if this is possible, but could we have no time limit on editing threads in the For Sale section? Purely so we can add if an item has been sold etc.

Just a thought?

Thanks.

And one with a good argument to recommend it. As it stands, the Mods can and do add the prefix [SOLD] as and when we see items go, but whether your suggestion is a good one may depend on whether different permissions can be implemented in one section only.

I shall put it forward for discussion.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    And one with a good argument to recommend it. As it stands, the Mods can and do add the prefix [SOLD] as and when we see items go, but whether your suggestion is a good one may depend on whether different permissions can be implemented in one section only.

I shall put it forward for discussion.
    You sound all important there Peter

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    You sound all important there Peter
    Appearances can be deceptive. In reality, I've still only ascended to the dizzy heights of "Teaboy".
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

I don't really think it's necessary. When people sell an item all they have to do is put sold in the thread and thena mod will change it and move the thread to sold items.

Even if we give people the ability to edit posts, they wouldn't be able to edit the thread or move the thread either.

Even if it's possible, it's not something I would want to see.

We keep the thread even after an item is sold (moved to the 'Sold section) so that there is a record for both the seller an buyer of what was offered / purchased, and any information given.

If permanent editing was allowed, it would open a crack in the system in that an unscrupulous seller could alter the description (eg add the words "not working" or anything else), or the buyer could alter their offer so that it appeared a lower offer was accepted. I know that these are extreme circumstances, and it is highly unlikely that anyone on here would do such a thing, but the point is, there would be no way of proving what was amended, and so could lead to more misunderstandings / disagreements, etc.

For everyone's protection, it's better left with the system we currently have.

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Entertainment View Post

We keep the thread even after an item is sold (moved to the 'Sold section) so that there is a record for both the seller an buyer of what was offered / purchased, and any information given.

If permanent editing was allowed, it would open a crack in the system in that an unscrupulous seller could alter the description (eg add the words "not working" or anything else), or the buyer could alter their offer so that it appeared a lower offer was accepted. I know that these are extreme circumstances, and it is highly unlikely that anyone on here would do such a thing, but the point is, there would be no way of proving what was amended, and so could lead to more misunderstandings / disagreements, etc.

Completely agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    I don't really think it's necessary. When people sell an item all they have to do is put sold in the thread and thena mod will change it and move the thread to sold items.

Even if we give people the ability to edit posts, they wouldn't be able to edit the thread or move the thread either.
    I meant in particular when selling multiple items so one could add what has sold/what is still available without having to add new posts, would just look cleaner.

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Entertainment View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    Completely agree.

Fair enough, was just a thought.