Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best music for 8 year old party

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    Sorry to disagree, but I wouldn't play Black Lace for this age group.
    What!!! ... not even the Hokey Cokey

Quote Originally Posted by dh140770 View Post
    What!!! ... not even the Hokey Cokey
    OK, perhaps it depends on the kids, but I would ask for sure.

Some might like them played, but others might be very embarrassed!

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    OK, perhaps it depends on the kids, but I would ask for sure.

Some might like them played, but others might be very embarrassed!
    It was tongue in cheek

As above I did a 4 year olds disco party (impromptu ... i was only supposed to be supplying my friend the equipment, but he was too scared to use the darn microphone).... and I played the hokey cokey at the end, got the parents involved etc. I don't do kids parties but it must have been ok because people were asking about their own kids parties.

To be fair I wouldn't play the hokey cokey at an 8 year olds party if the couple of 8 years olds that I know were there they'd rather be rocking out to Party Rock Anthem etc.

Quick post from me as on iPhone ! GLEE (did I say that out loud ?!)

each to their own darren - i find superman especially goes down very well with this age group, especially if the kids might win a prize for the best superman - maybe your missing a trick.
    "Flexability - versatility and a sat-nav !!"

BeatRoute Mobile Disco & Karaoke covering Sunderland, Durham, & Tyne and wear areas.

Quote Originally Posted by axeman View Post
    each to their own darren - i find superman especially goes down very well with this age group, especially if the kids might win a prize for the best superman - maybe your missing a trick.
    I don't do kids parties as such, but do a few school discos during the year and they definitely wouldn't want them...

Quote Originally Posted by hammy View Post
    Agree with Darren on that, They will also ask for all the music like ndubz etc to look good to their friends even though most have never heard it.
    So if you announce N'Dubz and then play DJ Otzi they're none the wiser ?
    However be careful in your choice, they are fully aware of the legend behind "Big Fish, Little Fish"
    The Keyboard is mightier than the Sword ?
    Occasions Of Excellence For One & All In Cornwall

One song for sure to be liked by all kids in party Baby baby ohh by Justin Beiber. Another options is to get one or two party entertainer or singer kids love this.

Quote Originally Posted by partyprincesz View Post
    One song for sure to be liked by all kids in party Baby baby ohh by Justin Beiber. Another options is to get one or two party entertainer or singer kids love this.
    I think you'll find things a little different in the UK: Beiber appears more on our 'Do Not Play' lists than it does on the request list!

Just another thing, Have a read here:-
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    Are you new to the forum?. Please take a moment to introduce yourself to the members in this forum section by Clicking Here. We've found that our members are usually more forthcoming with their help and advice when new members have taking the time to say hello and tell a little about themselves. So, jump right on in. Welcome to the MDD forum!

A new members first post is moderated, which means your posts won't be visible until it is approved by a moderator.

And finally, Please also take a moment to fill in your profile, which is a requirement of the Mobile Disco Directory Forum. This can be done via the User CP settings at the top left hand side of the forum - alternatively you can fast-track to the options by Clicking Here. Thanks.
    We look forward to reading your intro!

I did a party for 30+ eight year olds last weekend, firstly as mentioned before, I got told NO Justin Bieber... which suited me fine
    However they just werent into the pop/chart stuff at all, so in a panic i put on my Black lace CD, they LOVED it the party went brilliantly and I got two bookings from it, dont write off the black lace just yet