Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If you could only take 2 active speakers ....

Default If you could only take 2 active speakers ....

Right! Obviously been reading lots of opinions and reviews of active speakers and now is the time. My actives are next on the list for replacement and I really do not know what to get.

I don't do lots of gigs per year (about 25), I work on my own and use my car for transport, so carrying subs is off limits as I won't have room for other gear.

Gigs are anything from 40 teenagers in a pub back room to 150 in a nice hotel and the music anything from Bill Haley to Chase and Status.

Leaving budget aside, if you could only take 2 active speakers to any of the above gigs, what would you take .... and not feel you are selling the customer short?

.... because this is exactly what I need!!!

I'm a big fan of american audio stuff and adj I have 2 American Audio PXI15P which are huge and heavy but i do get in the back of the wifes car rover something. at around £600 for the pair
    i do wish i had a set of 12in ones because im sure they wouldn't be so heavy.

2 x DB 405d - light and bassy plus I like the sound

I take two FBT Maxx 6a speakers to my gigs - 900 watts (with 700 to the bass and 200 tops) and have yet to find a gig where I needed more.
    http://www.therightmusic.co.uk/ Covering Norfolk and Suffolk.

Back in the UK!

I use 2 x RCF 312a's and i've not yet used any bass bins with them during the 12 months i've had them.

If you want a bit more bass, use the EQ on your mixer if it has one. I have my speakers now running from a Denon X900 mixer.
    Scott.

SC Events | Facebook

Professional Conference & AV Services, Corporate Entertainment, Equipment Hire and DJs

Quote Originally Posted by SJS Discos View Post
    I use 2 x RCF 312a's and i've not yet used any bass bins with them during the 12 months i've had them.

If you want a bit more bass, use the EQ on your mixer if it has one. I have my speakers now running from a Denon X900 mixer.
    What size crowds?

I prefer not to run my bass over 12 o clock on the mixer if I can help it as i believe it pushes speakers beyond what they were designed to do. I might be wrong ?

I've used them in a room with 350 people at a Uni ball back in March and i've also used them at private house parties.

I think they are brilliant and sound great!
    Scott.

SC Events | Facebook

Professional Conference & AV Services, Corporate Entertainment, Equipment Hire and DJs

I love my QSC K12's, plus they have the additional deep bass option if need be.

i have a pair of yamaha msr400's at present but use a sub sometimes.

But at the moment im looking at getting QSC k12's as i heard some k10's which sounded awesome and just want to have a listen of the k12's to see if they are what im looking for

K12s. But K10s would be ok for your gigs.