Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Lights moving too fast under DMX sound active.

Default Lights moving too fast under DMX sound active.

I'm sure this will have popped up before, but I can't find any info on this and its driving me nuts.

I have a JB Systems Scanmaster 1612 DMX controller and I am using it with among other fixtures, 5 Stairville 10mm RGBW II Par 56 Cans.

I can programme scenes and chases etc, and get a chase going via tap etc.
    However, when I put the controller to sound mode, the lights move really quickly, almost to the point of a fast strobe, and any effect is totally lost in the mania! I have tried using the delay and fade sliders, but one does nothing in sound mode, and the fade slider makes things worse.
    I believe the lights are moving to the beat ok, but are changing to every sound rather than the main beat tempo of the tune.
    How can I get the lights to change to the tempo of the song rather than this crazy manic flashing.

Also, I cannot figure out if its possible to programme a fade to a scene or a chase? For instance, I have two ADJ Sparkles for slow stuff, and I would like my par cans to fade up to a pale blue nice and slowly and gradually change to purple/ pink. How to I get this via DMX. All I can seem to do is have the lights come on or off.

Any help appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images