Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: A DJ's Guide to DMX Lighting

Quote Originally Posted by Booche View Post
    Saying that mine goes off on one sometimes once i've programmed a few things in it randomly alters and does its own thing

Cheers Dave
    There could be a few reasons for this, I'm sure some of the more technical will chime in with some possible explanations and/or further clarification.

Poor quality DMX cables and whether or not you use a DMX Terminator plug on your last fixture could be possible causes. I used to occasionally have one fixture lagging during scenes. A DMX terminator plug solved the issue.

Edit* Here's a 'techy' thread about DMX termination. It made my head buzz reading it. Tony didn't write it did he? http://business.virgin.net/tom.baldw...terminate.html

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    There could be a few reasons for this, I'm sure some of the more technical will chime in with some possible explanations and/or further clarification.

Poor quality DMX cables and whether or not you use a DMX Terminator plug on your last fixture could be possible causes. I used to occasionally have one fixture lagging during scenes. A DMX terminator plug solved the issue.

Edit* Here's a 'techy' thread about DMX termination. It made my head buzz reading it. Tony didn't write it did he? http://business.virgin.net/tom.baldw...terminate.html
    Thats an easy read that, xD.

It wasn't just the one light that was going mad the whole set of them would lol but ill have to play about again to see what went off

Thanks anyway Shaun much greatfull

Cheers Dave
    Dave

(if you set the first channel to be 17)

- Pan (Ch17)
    - Tilt (Ch18)
    - Colour (Ch19)
    - Gobo (Ch20)
    - Dimmer (Ch21)

Is it always in that order?

Best software/interface?

Yes it will always count up from the channel you set it to. Whats on each channel you will have to look up in the manual. DMX doesn't know whats on the channel it only outputs data.

As for best software. How longs a piece of string?

Right please help!

Got four stairville cans set up here in the living room and using a showtec LED operator 4.

There is 12 dipswitchs on the back so I gather the first can should be 1 on and the rest off? I can't get it to react to the controller at all.....
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

I found this guide very helpful. It was informative and not too difficult to understand for someone like me who just couldn't get to grips with the art of DMX.
    I bought a Chauvet Obey 70 DMX controller at the weekend and yesterday decided to try it out with a few different lights.
    This guide really helped me as the instruction manuals in my opinion take it for granted that we all instantly know what we are doing.