Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Double booked and bored

Not all Hilton's do work the same Daren, it varies from hotel to hotel and also depending on if its a private party or if its a hotel do such as a tribute or party night. Then you have the Double Tree brand which are different again.

The 17th December last year was a particularly bad day for snow in the N/W and I was doing a private Christmas party for a long established corp client of mine in the Manchester airport Hilton and the hotel's own DJ was not able to turn up for the publlic party night in the other room due to him being stuck in snow. The manager was frantic and bugging me for phone numbers of DJs but no one could get there, in the end I put my second show in the other room and my roadie who isn't really a DJ but can cope if he has to did it, I insisted on payment there and then and I got it before any extra kit came out of my van.

The reasons for the DJs having to wait for payments prob are financial but sometimes I can't help thinking its a control thing. What else do you do though?...you either work for an agency and let them take a cut of what could be yours, trol about the back street pubs and com centres for little money or work like mad on advertising, marketting and converting clients to secure the better paid work. I guess I'm just lazy and like it all to come to me and once you are in the routine its not too bad waiting for payments.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Goodtimes View Post
    Not all Hilton's do work the same Daren, it varies from hotel to hotel and also depending on if its a private party or if its a hotel do such as a tribute or party night.
    Sorry Andy, but that is complete rubbish! How can payment be dependant on what kind of function it is?

Its not rubbish Daren; I believe its to do with the accounting, private functions are treated differently to public ones and monies are held by different departments in different accounts. Many times I have been paid for public nights either on the night or very soon afterwards and private ones take much longer and don't come direct from the specific hotel. I am booked by the revenue office for public nights and by the sales office for private ones. I don't understand fully the exact technicalities of how the various departments and accounts work so I won't go further as I'll prob make a hash of it.