Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

View Poll Results: What would you charge for 10 hour all day wedding?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • £400-600

13 27.08%
  • £600-800

13 27.08%
  • £800-900

12 25.00%
  • £900-1000

2 4.17%
  • £1000-1500

7 14.58%
  • £1500-2000

2 4.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How much do you charge for all day wedding services?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the DJ View Post
    What sparked a light for me was actually an agent.

I always tried to charge more like I thought I was worth but would become more flexible if the diary was bare. Then I started doing some work for this guy who sells me in a certain way to a particular demographic and BOOM! I am getting £450 - £650 for a regular evening booking after his commission.

All beautiful venues or lovely private homes. My target price for the sort of all dayer you mention is now £1295 - £1495 depending on the amount of uplighting.
    I did a gig on Sat for an agent which is a bit ironic as I am one
    Net fee was £460 so they must have charged at least £600 (for 5 hours).

After a £50 non Djing hourly rate, 6 uplights, projector, additional sound etc. etc.
    Then it must be pushing a grand for the ten hours.

I have recently been educating and selling the packages to the client which has worked as only you can explain the benefit of paying twice what they had intended for a much better overall service.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

I did a wedding with 30 uplighters dmx'd and disco 7.30pm until midnight. 3 hrs in morning for me and son to set up. £500. Hotel marquee near Norwich.

So I instinctivly pressed £400 - £600 witou reading the OP properly... Sorry

My charges are generally simple and are as follows:

5 hours DJing = £350
    Extra hour DJing before midnight £50 per hour.
    Extra Hour After Midnight - £75 per hour.
    Early setup with the use of PA and mics £35 per hour.
    Toastmaster add-on - £300 (and its a proper toastmaster service, not just making announcements"
    Don't currently offer uplighting or projection so cannot comment, but I'm guessing it would be circa £400?

So total would be £1225. But it would be a great gig and I normally just have the run of the mill evening wedding at £350

What agent do you use Steve? - Sound like a nice arrangement you have there?!
    Ralph @ Disco Magic
    www.disco-magic.co.uk
    www.toastmasterinsurrey.co.uk

"Creating Magical Memories and Exceptional Events"

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    - 10 hours in the venue.
    - six uplighters on control
    - additional PA (if required)
    - projector and screen (if required).

What would you charge for that - just curious?
    I'm not having a go Toby, but how can you get away with just 6 uplighters? I would usually recomend that sort of number for a smallish conservatory in a private house. I'd use at least 12 in a small/medium function room or marquee, and the sky's the limit in large venues
    Inside every old person, is a young person wondering 'What The Hell Happened'. Tempus Fugit

Disco 4 Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Pe7e View Post
    I'm not having a go Toby, but how can you get away with just 6 uplighters? I would usually recomend that sort of number for a smallish conservatory in a private house. I'd use at least 12 in a small/medium function room or marquee, and the sky's the limit in large venues
    How is he 'getting away' with 6 uplighters? He hasn't mentioned the size of the room or how intense the client wanted the colours.

...or whether it's 'feature' up-lighting, or the whole room.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    How is he 'getting away' with 6 uplighters? He hasn't mentioned the size of the room or how intense the client wanted the colours.
    You are quite correct, no details of size was given, I'd assumed an 'average' wedding disco was being discussed though, since venue size/guest numbers/special requirments wasn't mentioned.
    Inside every old person, is a young person wondering 'What The Hell Happened'. Tempus Fugit

Disco 4 Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Pe7e View Post
    on normal gigs clients normally choose six over the total 18 I have .
    If people want 30 uplighters then they can pay for them. The six are included in the price.

6 fill most of my residency function room and 8 do the lot.

Here are 4 uplighters in the same room I am on about. its basically the non disco end.

Same room 1 extra added and one in the DJ area.

Last edited by yourdj; 27-09-2011 at 11:32 AM.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

I charge per service, so all day includes the disco, master of ceremonies, background music and 2 mics £800

Additional P.A. (Bose compact) £150

Mood Lighting (per room regardless of amount of units) £275 (add an extra £75 if DMX'd)
    Last edited by Andy Collins; 27-09-2011 at 11:35 AM.

I always tried to charge more like I thought I was worth but would become more flexible if the diary was bare. Then I started doing some work for this guy who sells me in a certain way to a particular demographic and BOOM! I am getting £450 - £650 for a regular evening booking after his commission.

All beautiful venues or lovely private homes. My target price for the sort of all dayer you mention is now £1295 - £1495 depending on the amount of uplighting.
    Dont suppose you care to share who this agent of yours is do you?? its not the same as mine that's for sure