Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

View Poll Results: What would you charge for 10 hour all day wedding?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • £400-600

13 27.08%
  • £600-800

13 27.08%
  • £800-900

12 25.00%
  • £900-1000

2 4.17%
  • £1000-1500

7 14.58%
  • £1500-2000

2 4.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How much do you charge for all day wedding services?

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoMagic View Post
    What agent do you use Steve? - Sound like a nice arrangement you have there?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Collins View Post
    Dont suppose you care to share who this agent of yours is do you?? its not the same as mine that's for sure
    Not at this moment no, but I would if he starts looking for other guys or needs a DJ and I am booked.

He is only one revenue stream though (albeit a very nice one!) that only started this year and is building slowly, so I still do direct work and gigs for another agent over Xmas.

I charge per service, so all day includes the disco, master of ceremonies, background music and 2 mics £800
    So with uplighting you are not far off the figure I am talking about. What about if you did the ceremony music as well?
    Exit stage left...

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    on normal gigs clients normally choose six over the total 18 I have .
    If people want 30 uplighters then they can pay for them. The six are included in the price.
    Ah, it all makes sense now, I can see why they would
    Inside every old person, is a young person wondering 'What The Hell Happened'. Tempus Fugit

Disco 4 Hire

Mood Lighting (per room regardless of amount of units) £275
    what happens if someone books you at somewhere like a Guildhall then you must need about 100-200 in there.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    what happens if someone books you at somewhere like a Guildhall then you must need about 100-200 in there.
    I don't have 200, and that's not a room - thats a hall

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the DJ View Post

So with uplighting you are not far off the figure I am talking about. What about if you did the ceremony music as well?
    Ceremony music is an extra £150 on top of my all day fee.

Ceremony music is an extra £150 on top of my all day fee.
    Wow ... What do your clients get this for this??? Music, speakers and operator? Anything else? Do you ever get any "thats expensive" type comments...

I think I am missing a trick
    Ralph @ Disco Magic
    www.disco-magic.co.uk
    www.toastmasterinsurrey.co.uk

"Creating Magical Memories and Exceptional Events"

Just been told 'That's expensive' when I just quoted £325 for a 7.30 'till midnight wedding at a hotel. The future bride said 'The hotel disco is only £250, we'll probably book that'.
    I didn't argue and just replied 'Well that leaves me available for someone else,thank you'.

Wow ... What do your clients get this for this??? Music, speakers and operator? Anything else? Do you ever get any "thats expensive" type comments...

I thought £150 was quite a standard 'ball-park' figure for ceremony music. Don't forget ceremony music normally entails a complete different system to what is used on your disco, speakers place down one side of the room (or some people put speakers right around the room) as well as precise timings for the bridal party entering the room. Backup is also an absolute must, yet space is generally very limited.

Generally if people take ceremony music they also take the option of afternoon music and Master of Ceremony services.

I've been watching this thread since Toby started it and decided not to post a figure because the actual package described wasn't really the same as outlined in the heading and poll at the top.

I'm delighted to say that in the last few months I've secured a £900 booking and two £800'ers. They are all ceremony through to party bookings and the final price agreed is discounted slightly from the original price I quoted. None of them include more kit than I was booking out for £450/£500 this year - the big difference is starting from the ceremony.

I fully expect to get my first £1k booking next year. Without the information I've found on the forums, attending Derek's last workshop, Dave Reid, and the help of new friends, I'd still be going out at £295/£395. So thank you to everyone who has helped me - even if you don't know that you have!

Cheers
    Counting my blessings

Unique, Elegant and Fun Wedding Disco Entertainment
    http://www.thepartydj.co.uk

I think you need to meet Dave Reed. Its not just your time that you charge for. How many people would know firstly what kit to get, then how to put it together and then operate it. not only that to hire the kit set it up and bring it back to the hire shop would cost about £150 for a small set up and allot more with someone to operate it

Next time you are with a bride or groom give them an amp and speakers and watch them try to set it up properly Many DJ's have allot of talent they just take for granted. And thats before they get behind the decks and select the right music or say the right things at the right time.

You also are not just the DJ, but the accountant, marketing director, customer laison officer, sales executive as well as adding outgoing, tax and the likes, so when looked at with a business mind its a bit more complicated than just saying OK I am there for one hour playing a couple of tracks i will charge £x. You need to be paid for more than just the time you DJ if you are a serious full time operator.

I understand that mentality if someone has a full time job and its just for beer money or for fun, but this is a full time business for me.
    I am not having a go - just quoting what £450 dave keeps going on about.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul The Party Dj View Post
    I fully expect to get my first £1k booking next year.
    Good for you Paul you deserve it. You really do have the best attitude to our business of anyone I know.
    I got three for next year and the brides have not even hesitated at the price. They have said "great I will book you" so thats a bonus.

Its the ones that hire an LED dancefloor for more money than me that make me worry. Thay are nuts But that is what they see as an important part of thier day so thats fine with me.
    Last edited by yourdj; 28-09-2011 at 10:56 AM.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/