Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: QSC K12 Gain

Quote Originally Posted by leelive View Post
    I bought the K12s (and KSubs) last Nov. Bought the DriverackPX in July to go with an A&H mixing desk. The driverack has made a noticeable difference to the sound, particulary in weirdly shaped rooms. The K12s sounded great when I was manually EQing the sound with a simple Graphic EQ... but now sound even better as they are not cutting anything but the exact rogue frequencies - whereas I was cutting clumps of them to match the shape of the room manually.
    Lee
    How much time does it take to setup with one of these DriveRack boxes ?

Normally I do a quick sound check to see if everything is working and that is it, but if I can get better sound then I will look further.

I understand you need to mic up the DriveRack and let it do its stuff and then you are good to go ?

What does the DriveRack do for the rest of the niight, for instance if you find yourself over driving your mixer, or the sound was re-shaped in some way because you had changed the EQ on your mixer?

Default EQ

Quote Originally Posted by dh140770 View Post
    How much time does it take to setup with one of these DriveRack boxes ?

Normally I do a quick sound check to see if everything is working and that is it, but if I can get better sound then I will look further.

I understand you need to mic up the DriveRack and let it do its stuff and then you are good to go ?

What does the DriveRack do for the rest of the niight, for instance if you find yourself over driving your mixer, or the sound was re-shaped in some way because you had changed the EQ on your mixer?
    You would still have to put a mic in the middle of the room if you were doing manual EQ so it doesn't add any time to the set-up process. Still about 3 or 4 mins max. With the Driverack PX the Graphic EQ on the mixer is not needed. I just use the British EQs to adjust the mic channels.
    Lee

Quote Originally Posted by leelive View Post
    You would still have to put a mic in the middle of the room if you were doing manual EQ so it doesn't add any time to the set-up process. Still about 3 or 4 mins max. With the Driverack PX the Graphic EQ on the mixer is not needed. I just use the British EQs to adjust the mic channels.
    Lee
    So you just mic up the drive rack, place the mic and use the wizard?

Will it cater for sub / no sub situations, or does that get complex. Ie sometimes I take a sub sometimes I don't

Default px

Quote Originally Posted by dh140770 View Post
    So you just mic up the drive rack, place the mic and use the wizard?

Will it cater for sub / no sub situations, or does that get complex. Ie sometimes I take a sub sometimes I don't
    Not complex. Yes, easy to use for either situation - Just flick through the choice of speakers and subs if using them... they are all there.

Lee

i ran mine at the weekend on near enough full tilt found i was getting limit as the mixer was hitting the amber on the output, so i tweeked the mixer master down and turned the k10's up louder and no limiting? thats what the gains there for i guess they just put 0db as a reference point, thier not as i understand like the mackies where anything over 12 o clock is mic as their is a peperate switch for this

Ummm i hope this isn't a problem as i;ve just offer a load of these....

Quote Originally Posted by Takeiteasy View Post
    Ummm i hope this isn't a problem as i;ve just offer a load of these....
    What isn't a problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    What isn't a problem?
    My thoughts as well