Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: QSC K12 Gain

Default QSC K12 Gain

Hi Guys
    I purchased a pair of K12s last week. Not had a chance to gig them yet ( should be this Friday ) I just wanted to confirm where the gain level on the speakers should be. I was told 12oclock in the shop, I take it that is correct.

Thanks in advance.

I used to have it at 50% (12noon) But since using them with the Driverack PX it has recommend no more than 30% and that has been fine. Sometimes I have brought it up a couple of notches but never had to get that high with the Driverack PX attached.
    Lee

Quote Originally Posted by leelive View Post
    I used to have it at 50% (12noon) But since using them with the Driverack PX it has recommend no more than 30% and that has been fine. Sometimes I have brought it up a couple of notches but never had to get that high with the Driverack PX attached.
    Lee
    Thanks Lee. How long have you used the Driverack PX? Did you feel the K12s were not good enough on their own? Did you hear a big difference?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeW View Post
    I just wanted to confirm where the gain level on the speakers should be. I was told 12oclock in the shop, I take it that is correct.
    It's where I run my K10s.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    It's where I run my K10s.
    Thanks Darren

me three (12 o clock)

Quote Originally Posted by sweetie View Post
    me three (12 o clock)
    Thanks. Not that I plan to, but has anyone ran them past 12?

Lee

Hmm , doesn't your driverack allow for various settings at both the active speaker/amplifier end AND the driverack end ?

As long as the gain setting in the driverack display corresponds with the gain settings on the active speaker/amplifier there shouldn't be a problem.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] www.sounds2go.co.uk
    Pen behind the ear ...

Default PX

Quote Originally Posted by MikeW View Post
    Thanks Lee. How long have you used the Driverack PX? Did you feel the K12s were not good enough on their own? Did you hear a big difference?
    I bought the K12s (and KSubs) last Nov. Bought the DriverackPX in July to go with an A&H mixing desk. The driverack has made a noticeable difference to the sound, particulary in weirdly shaped rooms. The K12s sounded great when I was manually EQing the sound with a simple Graphic EQ... but now sound even better as they are not cutting anything but the exact rogue frequencies - whereas I was cutting clumps of them to match the shape of the room manually.
    Lee

I bought the K12s (and KSubs) last Nov. Bought the DriverackPX in July to go with an A&H mixing desk. The driverack has made a noticeable difference to the sound, particulary in weirdly shaped rooms. The K12s sounded great when I was manually EQing the sound with a simple Graphic EQ... but now sound even better as they are not cutting anything but the exact rogue frequencies - whereas I was cutting clumps of them to match the shape of the room manually.
    Lee
    Thanks Lee. I think I understood that. It's all a bit technical for me
    I think I will just use the 12s and then add a bass bin at some point.