Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: what impressed at Bpm 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    Some visitors to BPM this year even mentioned that they've been quizzed about what features they like to see on a DN-HD2500 Mk2-like device
    Well two screens for a start, like the Cortex.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Goodtimes View Post
    I would llike to see one with a large built in drive and the unit having 19inch rack ears but the actual unit being quickly removable by some kind of snap and lock fitting so it can be taken in the house without the whole console for the purposes of upgrading with firmware and music etc.
    Removable by who... ?

A Kensington lock socket would give the option of attaching the removable bit to somewhere inside the flightcase, if a flightcase is being used, but even that idea wouldnt suit everyone.
    Many folk are now embarking on self-build projects with a lockable, removable hard drive built in. Others, like myself, are re-inventing the wheel, and using Numark DDS drives. Incidentally, the Denon is the only one of the big three which fails to read the optical drive part of this unit.

Well I guess that's excluded me from the Denon Xmas Card List , but if you ever want any absolutely ace ideas from a Simple DJ , I'm not expensive.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

He he, Christmas card list unchanged - although, I think that this poor old' thread isn't just hijacked, it's had the ransom note, and seen the release of the first couple of goodwill hostages.

In the interests of keeping this thread about BPM on track, perhaps we should start a separate thread about what people would hope would be on the (a) DN-HD2500 mk2. I'll give everyone fair warning though that in equipment design, what is "the only logical way of doing it" for one/some, will be the "why on earth did they do it that way" to some others.

He he, Christmas card list unchanged - although, I think that this poor old' thread isn't just hijacked, it's had the ransom note, and seen the release of the first couple of goodwill hostages.

In the interests of keeping this thread about BPM on track, perhaps we should start a separate thread about what people would hope would be on the (a) DN-HD2500 mk2. I'll give everyone fair warning though that in equipment design, what is "the only logical way of doing it" for one/some, will be the "why on earth did they do it that way" to some others.
    Consider it done, but I will widen the thread to include all the Big Three controllers which I've had personal experience of.

And as if by magic:
    http://www.forum.mobilediscodirector...870#post572870
    Last edited by Excalibur; 24-10-2011 at 12:48 PM.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    You can use up to 99 decks with the MC6000.

Having used both the HD2500 and VDJ with a soddin' laptop, I think the soddin' laptop is a lot more versatile than the HD and it's no good saying that the HD is specifically for DJing as it still has firmware and a hard drive, which is basically the same as a laptop once it has been optimised.
    well said!

ps: apologies I was reading the thread top down - back on topic - I was away when the show was on, so interested to hear what was good on the equipment front!
    Last edited by welby; 24-10-2011 at 10:33 PM.
    -------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------
    www.vip-disco.co.uk