Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: what impressed at Bpm 2011

Default what impressed at Bpm 2011

what kit impressed you at bpm
    For me i liked the stanton scs4dj would of been nice if the screen was slightly bigger
    The pioneer ddj ergo would be great if it was rackmountable
    There wasn't much lighting that done it for me this year ( was some nice lasers though )

I quite liked the emulator. I heard a few people saying they saw it freeze though.

This thing:

I have not plugged it in yet but am looking forward to it.
    I have followed them since they started in March and have been looking forward to getting my hands on one.

Small UK company and assuming it is a good product will definitely get my endorsement - assuming they will continue to discount me on new products

I will post a full review as it looks set to revolutionise my lighting.
    For £100 it is worth its weight in gold I recon. Nice and solid too.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

As well as the DMX controller, we fell in love with a little blue and red laser on the prolight stand - the Equinox Geometrix Reloaded. It should be out on the 15th of this month, and Clive just happened to be on the Prolight stand at the same time we were, so I think we kind of ordered one!

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Entertainment View Post
    As well as the DMX controller, we fell in love with a little blue and red laser on the prolight stand - the Equinox Geometrix Reloaded. It should be out on the 15th of this month, and Clive just happened to be on the Prolight stand at the same time we were, so I think we kind of ordered one!
    PS: Shaun (flatliners) I heard someone else talking about the Stanton too, but we missed it somehow.

As you know i am looking for a new playout system,there were plenty of midi controllers to choose from.tried a few the ones that stuck out were the denon mc 6000 and the american audio vms 4.1

Looks like the days are over for the traditional stand alone players such as the denon hd 2500 (discontinued) and the pioneer mep,i spoke to the guy at pioneer and he says that the market and demand is currently for the midi controllers so thats why they choose not to display the mep.

Quote Originally Posted by soundmaster mobile disco View Post
    i spoke to the guy at pioneer and he says that the market and demand is currently for the midi controllers so thats why they choose not to display the mep.
    Of course it is when nobody's making any viable alternative at the moment.

If it's a choice between CDs or a midi controller then people are going to go for the midi option they're (Denon / Pioneer etc) a bunch of blinkered shagwits!
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Steve View Post
    they're (Denon / Pioneer etc) a bunch of blinkered shagwits!
    I can see why you earned the title under your name, Steve.

I concur with your views, and I'm convinced that there must be a huge market for an HDC containing the best bits from Cortex/Numark/Denon.

How about this for an idea? Something like the MC6000 with an HD2500 built in at the top. Belt and braces.

PS Steve, only Dinosaurs use an HDC. MIDI. It's the future. I've seen it.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Apart from anything else (discounting the 6000 entirely) I don't want an all in one, I use 4 decks & I don't want to plug a soddin' laptop into my system. I've spent a lot of time & effort on getting a slimline system that you can fit on a space the size of a postage stamp, to have some myopic numpty at Denon spoil it.
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Steve View Post
    Of course it is when nobody's making any viable alternative at the moment.

If it's a choice between CDs or a midi controller then people are going to go for the midi option they're (Denon / Pioneer etc) a bunch of blinkered shagwits!
    Personally I dont think you will see many standalone units going forward, it's just not viable.

Leaving aside the advantages of using a laptop anyway (searching, browsing and the bigger physical screen size), it enables the manufacturer to concentrate on the hardware only, working to a known midi standard and provide various mappings for different software.

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    I can see why you earned the title under your name, Steve.

I concur with your views, and I'm convinced that there must be a huge market for an HDC containing the best bits from Cortex/Numark/Denon.

How about this for an idea? Something like the MC6000 with an HD2500 built in at the top. Belt and braces.

PS Steve, only Dinosaurs use an HDC. MIDI. It's the future. I've seen it.
    MC6000 with a HD2500. The unit would be too expensive for the mass market.

Don't get me wrong HDC's are fine. I used one for about 2.5 years, nothing wrong with that but laptops are where the market and the majority of DJ's are and will continue to go. There seems to be hesitence towards using them and I can see that laptops have a history of being unreliable. If the laptop is built correctly and good software and mp3s are used, there is no reason why it should be unreliable .... and there is always the spare laptop anyhow.
    Last edited by WWDJ; 05-10-2011 at 08:37 AM.