Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: what impressed at Bpm 2011

Pretty much
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Steve View Post
    See above & it's a tad exposed to knocks there don't you think.
    The laptop isn't dangled over the dancefloor, although I will agree that the stand was exposed where it was (and was moved further back later on)

I am currently looking at a DSB Micro for next year to give a better look and better protection, but the playout will remain the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    I know you don't wish to go in this direction which is your choice and fair enough, but your argument doesn't stick with me I'm afraid.
    Line me up behind the Dinosaur, I'm on Steve's team here. I have used a 6000 a tiny amount, and while it's a fabulous piece of kit, there's no way it can compare with two HDC/two accessible keyboards/four play buttons. Just conceivably, a touchscreen lappy might help to level the field.

I would of course love to see Darren,Mark or Paul using theirs, as I know I would learn so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Wild View Post
    How come you need 4 decks Steve? Is that just for 1 playing and 3 cued constantly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Steve View Post
    Pretty much
    If Steve's way of working resembles mine in any way, I know exactly what he's getting at.

First off, there's the backup issue. Another loaded player ready and waiting should you cue a wrong version of a song, or have any other issue. No more squeaky bum time.

Second, it's the facility to put a musical swerve in with half a second left on the playing track, without searching. Sometimes, I haven't actually decided which of the three loaded tracks to play until the playing one stops.

I'm quite prepared to accept that this reflects badly on me, and that it's hardwired into my brain from prehistoric (CD) times, but that's the way it is.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

How did I miss this?? Looks a bit less fisher price than the 300

Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

I'm with Steve. I really do hope that a viable hd2500 type standalone system is released again. I like the way I currently work. I hate he idea that I may at some point have to buy a laptop, and backup laptop, when a standalone player is all I need and want. Considering what a huge seller the HD2500's been I just don't get why an alternative hasn't been produced. It's crazy.

I dont really want to change from the standalone playout to the laptop\midi controller myself but after speaking to so many at the stands ie denon\numark\american dj\pioneer they all said the same thing.There is a demand for the midi controllers where there is not a demand for the stand alone systems,thats why some have been discontinued.i did press hard for an answer from denon if there was going to be a new hd2500 model coming out,but they said no,nothing they have heard of.

so i am now priceing up laptop\software\ cases ect with the intent on going down this route in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    I'm with Steve.
    Have I pressed the invisibility button again?
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    MIDI. It's the future. I've seen it.
    I thought that was Garlic Bread

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Line me up behind the Dinosaur, I'm on Steve's team here. I have used a 6000 a tiny amount, and while it's a fabulous piece of kit, there's no way it can compare with two HDC/two accessible keyboards/four play buttons. Just conceivably, a touchscreen lappy might help to level the field.
    How can it not compare Peter? Have you been out on the road for the last year using both?

Accessibility and searching is easier with a laptop and VDJ and you only need one keyboard. Why would you want 4 play buttons unless you are performing some kind of amazing mix?

I have used HD2500s and I have used a laptop. You haven't used a laptop/software based system for full time playout and nor has Steve or Shaun for that matter, so how are you saying that either one is better?

If you use both, then fair enough. I have used both, hence my opinion that software and midi controller is easier, lighter and certainly better for searching and viewing.

I also have a touch screen sat here in front of me that I have used with VDJ and it doesn't make it much easier to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    Why would you want 4 play buttons unless you are performing some kind of amazing mix?
    My thoughts exactly