Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: QTX HZ-2

Default QTX HZ-2

Has anyone got one or used one? If so (& only if so please), what are your thoughts on them? Reliable etc?

Again, please only comment if you've used one. I'm not interested in what you use why you use it or why you think it's better than the HZ-2 at this stage, just what the HZ-2 is like.

Thanks
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Absolute crap. I'm on my third now (or I was before I binned it) as the last 2 the pumps failed within warranty. the first one also had a tendancy to heat the fluid up enough to scald me whilst spraying it out over the dancefloor...but not enough to turn it into haze. The last one I'd sent away to be replaced outside of warranty at my own cost, only for them to send an old model back that wasn't my own...and with a fault too. I decided to cut my losses and just throw it in the bin. Never ever again.
    Last edited by Shaun; 06-10-2011 at 04:35 PM.

still on the fx1000 here,can't really help with the newer model.
    www.mobiledjcumbria.co.uk

N.A.D.J Member

North East & Cumbria branch Founder member

Ooops, my mistake. my problems are with the fx1000. Still, it's enough issues for me never to buy a hazer (whichever version) from them again. I found it to be a shoddy product....and the fact that they replaced the unit with another (older and faulty) one reeks of terrible service.

It is specifically the HZ-2 I'm interested in as it "looks" like a copy of the Le Maitre Neutron XS, but at under half the price. We don't use them often enough to justify buying one of the higher end (more reliable??) brands, hence my intrest in the HZ-2.
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Steve View Post
    It is specifically the HZ-2 I'm interested in.
    The FX1000 & HZ-2 are identical in looks. Lets hope they addressed the reliability issues. I know a lot of people haven't had any issues but I know of several who've had similar problems to mine.

I was talking to Clive earlier, he said there were problems with the first batch he had(a number were returned to him) but subsequent ones were OK.

I guess I'm waiting to see if anyone says "Yes, I've had one since they came out & it's never clogged or spat boiling fluid out. A first class budget hazer!" or words to that effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    The FX1000 & HZ-2 are identical in looks. Lets hope they addressed the reliability issues. I know a lot of people haven't had any issues but I know of several who've had similar problems to mine.
    Both models are the same (apparently).
    The only difference is the nozzle where the haze exits , the nozzle has a different shape that improves performance...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] www.sounds2go.co.uk
    Pen behind the ear ...

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Jack View Post
    Both models are the same (apparently).
    The only difference is the nozzle where the haze exits , the nozzle has a different shape that improves performance...
    the newer model (hz-2) has a 600w heater as opposed to a 400w heater in the fx1000.

i have had the fx1000 for quite a while,and although it has worked fine a lot of people have had bother with them.

left to tick over on the timer it provides an unobtrusive very fine haze in the room,just enough to pick up the light beams,running this way it seems to be quite heavy on the fluid.
    if you just use it on demand pushing the button it doesn't have much throw and disappears quite quickly.

for a budget machine it does the job, for the few times we are able to use smoke,and with it's very fine output sometimes can get away with it where we are not really permitted the full use of smoke.

i don't think the newer model with the larger heater will do any more other than a faster warm up time and a longer continuous output.
    i suppose the big question would i buy another......... probably not,it does it's job fairly well,but it wont set the world on fire.
    www.mobiledjcumbria.co.uk

N.A.D.J Member

North East & Cumbria branch Founder member

I have 2 of the fx1000's that I was contemplating selling and buying the haze 2's but on demoing them side by side have decided to stay with my haze fx1000s.

Not that there was anything wrong with the 2's, But I didn't think it was a worthwhile upgrade at this time.

the fx1000's dribble a bit - this has been resolved on the fx2's

and as far as i can tell that's the only difference that we would notice.

they have replaced the motor n pump - but seem to perform the same.

again many people seem to have had issues with these. mine have worked almost flawlessly from day 1. just had one that had a blocked nozzle some hot water n a bit of vinegar soon cured that - I now leave about 1" of fluid in the bottles

Hope that helps
    Last edited by Creature; 09-10-2011 at 09:37 AM.
    new website domain name... http://www.dejavuroadshow.tk/