Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Next move with non payer?

Quote Originally Posted by djtrev View Post
    But I do wish people would refrain from this habit of suggesting that you 'send the boys round'.

I think it is only meant in a light hearted kind of way
    Larry Basham

Can you play something with a beat ?

Quote Originally Posted by Larry B Entertainment View Post
    I think it is only meant in a light hearted kind of way
    I would like to think so but it has been suggested on here and other forums with a little more intent.
    Anyway I still think it's unnecessary and if its on a public forum then clients are likely to read it.

Quote Originally Posted by NKR View Post
    I would just accept its a write off. Its difficult to prove you have had a material loss as you never actually lost anything. The nature of our business means you lost an evenings work, but physical out of pocket is nil and you never actually provided the service. In fact you have some funds for no service at present.

I think you are onto a loser personally.
    Sod that. You have spent valuable time and effort with these people and they have blatantly found a mate that will do it for free.

What do you t&c's say.

Send another letter or if they have moved get a debt firm to find them and recover
    the cash with added interest for your added hard work in tracking the idiots down.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

MY view is that you should just write it off.

You have the booking fee, so at least its not a total waste.

I believe if you persue this, you may in fact end up damaging the reputation of your business - as they will tell all there friends about whats happening, and they will tell there friend etc.

Be adult about it - take it on the chin and move on !
    new website domain name... http://www.dejavuroadshow.tk/

Quote Originally Posted by Creature View Post

I believe if you persue this, you may in fact end up damaging the reputation of your business - as they will tell all there friends about whats happening, and they will tell there friend etc.
    Damage your reputation because of what? Think about it - the client signed the contract...what exactly is there to damage?

It is pointless having a contract if you are going to do nothing about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    Damage your reputation because of what? Think about it - the client signed the contract...what exactly is there to damage?

It is pointless having a contract if you are going to do nothing about it.
    I play these things on the situation and behavior of the second party and they have shown him no respect as a professional so deserve what they get.

I have a had a couple of cancellation this year last minute and have done nothing as the client has been very apologetic and decent about it.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Thanks for the replies. Some very interesting views in there

I'm not going to give this up just yet, contracts & terms & conditions are there for a reason. I'll speak to the hotel again and see how they're getting on chasing things.

I'm actually going near the "address" of the client this week so will pop around and see just who does or doesn't live there.
    Professional DJ & Event services inc Led & Starlight dancefloors, Venue uplighting

Derbyshire Wedding DJ - Wedding Uplighting, Dancefloors and Professional Wedding DJs

I, personally, would push to get your money. Otherwise, what's the point of having a contract and T&C's if you're not going to back them up?

I'm currently in the process of trying to get some money from a client who cancelled a wedding with 48 hours notice, due to him completely changing the details and expecting me to do an all day wedding for the same price as just an evening do, as well as other things.
    Scott.

SC Events | Facebook

Professional Conference & AV Services, Corporate Entertainment, Equipment Hire and DJs

Too many folks unfortunately look at situations like this in terms of the nett value of the gig concerned, which is the wrong approach.

Administrative and legal costs are an unavoidable business overhead and viability should not be judged on the basis of the job in question but against the business as a whole.

Therefore I, too, would urge Paul to continue. Find these people if at all possible and Moneyclaim them. Even if you never see a penny, you'll have the satisfaction of giving them a CCJ for their trouble. Make it difficult for them to stitch people up in the future.

But if the path goes cold (as I have a hunch it might), well that's perhaps the time to knock it on the head.

Someone suggested getting the hotel to chase on your behalf - nonsense. Paul's contract with with the client, not the hotel. Short of buying the debt there is no way this would be feasible.

Quote Originally Posted by SJS Discos View Post
    I, personally, would push to get your money. Otherwise, what's the point of having a contract and T&C's if you're not going to back them up?