Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Website not generating enquiries...

Quote Originally Posted by DazzyD View Post
    I'm not the best person to give website advice (which is why my ideas are currently with a pro site designer and my current site has been dormant for some time) but, from a punter point of view, I'd agree with the dark colours not being very inviting.

The other thing that I noticed that others haven't mentioned is the testimonials. Whenever I see testimonials/client comments where there no names to give the comments some credibility, I think "Oh, yeah? Is that right??" (in a very sarcastic tone!!). Basically, what I'm saying is, give the comments some credit by validating them with a name / venue / function, etc. For example "Harlequin Discos provided the perfect entertainment for the perfect end to out perfect day" - Mr & Mrs Smith, Wedding, Anytown Church Hall. You get the idea.

Cheers Dazzy,

The feedback thing is interesting. I had dates of the functions on it previously, but understand where you are coming from. I have made a point of mentioning that all my feedback is available on request, and that I have advocates available for potential customers to speak with directly.

Its all useful feedback though...thanks!

Well, made a few tweaks, including a fundamental colour shift...certainly a lot brighter....might be a bit marmite for some. Hey ho...its a stop gap, we shall see...Thanks again all for any feedback offered.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    Well, made a few tweaks, including a fundamental colour shift...certainly a lot brighter....might be a bit marmite for some. Hey ho...its a stop gap, we shall see...Thanks again all for any feedback offered.
    Cruel to be kind, but it looks like a child put it together! You're better off putting a holding page up saying "New website coming soon, for a free quote contact ryu @ harlequinroadshow. co. uk or call XXXXX XXXXXX"
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by discomobiledj View Post
    Cruel to be kind, but it looks like a child put it together! You're better off putting a holding page up saying "New website coming soon, for a free quote contact ryu @ harlequinroadshow. co. uk or call XXXXX XXXXXX"
    Aww come on now, I have see way worse, although admittedly many better.

Your own site isn't massively different...

I must admit the website is not great but i agree its not the worse i have seen..
    Many of the photos are to dark and on some pages the text is in yellow and it does not stand out..

Ryu, please change your signature so that it complies with the foum rules. Thanks.
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Get a pro involved, sorry but I don't think that site does you justice.
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

Steve - apologies, should be compliant now

Most everyone else - I'm getting the message

Hopefully this one will be around for a short time only!

Quote Originally Posted by DeckstarDeluxe View Post
    Get a pro involved, sorry but I don't think that site does you justice.
    Sorry but its true!

Thank you
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries