Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ever been discovered somewhere else??

Default Ever been discovered somewhere else??

So I took a phone call last night from a mobile. A lady enquiring about a disco for a 30th birthday party.

So I went through all the usual splurg: Date times and venue. To which she replied: The something something ( I can't remember ) THETFORD.

Me: In Norfolk?
    Her: Yes
    Me: You do realise I'm based in Newcastle upon Tyne
    Her: On no I Just searched Mobile discos Norwich and there you were
    The phone call didn't go much further

Then I takes another call this morning. A lady enquiring about a kids party in Manchester

Some of you have probably been headhunted overseas. But apart from African women wanting to deposit large sums of money into a bank acccount they would like me to open on their behalf. I never receive Jack from abroad.

So come on peeps where have you turned up before??

www.accessallareasdisco.co.uk

Proud members of the NADJ

I got an enquiry to do the society of Buffalo's or whatever they were called in Bedfordshire. A fair old drive from lancashire.
    www.nkentertainment.co.uk
    The north wests premier wedding DJ and singer package. We will not be beaten on quality!
    www.michaelmooble.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by STEVE HANLEY View Post
    So I took a phone call last night from a mobile. A lady enquiring about a disco for a 30th birthday party.

So I went through all the usual splurg: Date times and venue. To which she replied: The something something ( I can't remember ) THETFORD.

Then I takes another call this morning. A lady enquiring about a kids party in Manchester

Some of you have probably been headhunted overseas. But apart from African women wanting to deposit large sums of money into a bank acccount they would like me to open on their behalf. I never receive Jack from abroad.

Well if she used Google she must have gone way past page #10 because that's where I stopped looking

Maybe it's the "All Areas" thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Vectis View Post
    Well if she used Google she must have gone way past page #10 because that's where I stopped looking

Maybe it's the "All Areas" thing?
    It could have been Mobile discos Norfolk, but you get the gist.

It's all down that way isn't it?

www.accessallareasdisco.co.uk

Proud members of the NADJ

Had one for an event in america once, can't remember the state but they have a place called Cheltenham and I do have a dot com site.
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

I've had half a dozen in from the States - there is a Reading in the States, so I assume that's what happens there.

I have also had emails for events in Scotland, Norfolk, Lancs, Yorkshire and quite a few others.

Quote Originally Posted by STEVE HANLEY View Post

Often get enquiriies from USA because of our American Themes.

Usually obvious from the US type Zip Codes

Also Scotland, Wales and NI none of which I (we) cover.

We did send a Band to the Channel Islands but have since declined work as the effort of organising it outweights the fees we charged---and then the price gets silly if we charge what we should.

Based near Cardiff, and had enquiries for venues in Newquay & Ilfracombe (Cornwall), Torbay, Norfolk, Newcastle-u-Tyne, Glasgow, Liverpool, Berkshire, Leeds/Doncaster, Portsmouth. Don't advertise these places but do say I'll travel anywhere STC. And it's usually the extra costs that are prohibitive.

I've also been asked if I'd travel to Knock (W. Eire?), S. W. France, S. Spain & was also invited to perform in New Orleans! (Although the last one was for a friend's charity event and they couldn't pay anything.... )

South Africa – I gave out the card to a lady who asked me to DJ her 50th birthday, it turned out that I said distance no object have van will travel or along those lines.

But apart from that get the odd call from the States mainly due to vintage disco light collection with people looking to hire them for the evening.

I was apparently discovered somewhere else a few weeks ago!

Got a phone call last night, lady told me her daughter had spoke to me a few weeks ago at a party about booking me for her 50th. Couldn't remember but I didn't let on and went with it.

All was going very well until I quoted my fee - 'oh, but you said you charged £30ph and as it's from 8 - 11 it should be £90'.

'Hmmm, what was the date of the party where I spoke to your daughter?'

A quick check revealed I was playing the other side of London and not in a local community hall! How she managed to get my number instead of the other DJ we couldn't work out.

Still, she was very nice and I enjoyed chatting to her - don't think she will be getting back to me though, unless it's by mistake!