Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Karaoke for home use

Default Karaoke for home use

Hi all,
    First question after saying "hello". When I did Karaoke around the pubs n clubs I used the trusty JVC used by many. That faithful piece of kit did me 10 years. Looking for a replacement - for home use now - I (in ignorance!) plumped for something called V2go which lasted 18 months
    Now trying to find out what I should buy for under £200 that might last a bit longer! Quite like the idea of a "score" for a laugh with mates and the facility to copy discs to mp3 / to USB would save time on the desktop (although reliability top requirement).
    I can't remember without checking what does which but so far have looked at ; Sunfly Pro 888, Citronic 5 disc (more to go wrong?), Madboy MFP 1000, Vocopro DVX 890 and RSQ Neo NK-2000U.
    If anyone has used any of these pieces of kit, or can tell me about others they would recommend, it would be great to get a reply from you.
    Cheers,
    Gary

.....just an add on to above - I read one positive recommendation for the Numark CDN25+G Dual CD Karaoke Player. Every photo I see of this kit seems to have what I can only describe as a portable control panel which sits on top of the player????

The Blue Laser 888u has worked long, hard & reliably for me.
    Additional reading for you ?
    http://www.forum.mobilediscodirector...lue+Laser+888u

http://www.forum.mobilediscodirector...lue+Laser+888u

Full specs and price http://www.magnumsound.com/item.asp?id=175

And
    Last edited by Kernow; 27-10-2011 at 09:49 AM. Reason: additional link added
    The Keyboard is mightier than the Sword ?
    Occasions Of Excellence For One & All In Cornwall

Quote Originally Posted by Misken View Post
    .....just an add on to above - I read one positive recommendation for the Numark CDN25+G Dual CD Karaoke Player. Every photo I see of this kit seems to have what I can only describe as a portable control panel which sits on top of the player????
    Good heavens, you have been away a long time, haven't you? The trays/drawers are the optical part of the arrangement where the discs are read, and the head unit (which is attached by cables to the trays ) is where the information is displayed, and controls situated.

The whole gubbins is intended to sit handily in a case like this.
    http://www.disco-world.co.uk/cases/k...e/prod_96.html

Neither part of the whole will work without the other.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Just to add another idea in to the mix, it's more than you intended to pay, but if you haven't already got a mixer with effects, etc, then it might become a realistic option for you as an all-in-one solution, by saving you having to buy a separate mixer (if that was your intention) - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Numark-KMX...item5887cae78a

You can also buy a custom-built case for these if you ever decide to take it on the road.

Hello

I was using a Numark CDN-25+G Player (now for sale) and now have a 1U Madboy MFP-1000 within my flight case, which fits nice and i've had no problems with this player - although not used much as i'm now digital with my karaoke

The Bluelaser 888U i found to be very very slow for loading CD+G discs, but i do still have an original Bluelaser DVG-888 player which is very good

Thank you

Glenn
    *** Genie Discs Entertainments ***

Professional Sound & Lighting, PAT Compliant, DJ Guard PLI Insurance and PRS/MCPS ProDub License.

Kernow, Excalibur, Angela, Glenski ; thanks all for taking the time to post advice - all much welcomed and appreciated. Reviews for these players seem to be hard to come by (maybe unless you know where to look).
    To stop my head spinning I've taken the plunge and opted for Sunfly Pro 888 as it has the rip to Mp3+g facility and the scoring system to shatter a few illusions It can also record you singing which could be embarrasing after a few sherberts! At £139 incl next day delivery, can't argue.
    Maybe I should post a review after a wee while as others may be interested?
    Thanks again guys

I still have my old trusty JVC unit which I have retired from gigging and now as my home unit. I bought the Sunfly Pro 888, apart from the slow loading, which is annoying. It seems a good player. It works well from the remote too!

Sarah

Thanks Sarah,
    So far so good with the Sunfly after a try out over the weekend. I'm assuming the "scoring" system is a bit random as singing deliberately (!) awful got me a 99 and most of the time score was around 95. Common sense tells me that such a working feature couldn't be engineered in a box that costs £140!
    The recording facility is superb and is worth the money alone. I'm sure after some tweaks with the mike / music volumes you could get some have decent recordings.
    Cheers,
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Misken View Post
    Thanks Sarah,
    So far so good with the Sunfly after a try out over the weekend. I'm assuming the "scoring" system is a bit random as singing deliberately (!) awful got me a 99 and most of the time score was around 95. Gary
    Probably an accurate comparison to the original artistes ?
    The Keyboard is mightier than the Sword ?
    Occasions Of Excellence For One & All In Cornwall