Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Swaying towards bands again?

Default Swaying towards bands again?

I asked a venue I often do about the variation in bands vs DJ's and they said that weddings are mostly bands these days.

It made me wonder.Quite a few people on here say how their website is quieter/business is down etc. Could the trend towards a band be a major factor that we are ignoring?

Quote Originally Posted by scoopd View Post
    I asked a venue I often do about the variation in bands vs DJ's and they said that weddings are mostly bands these days.

It made me wonder.Quite a few people on here say how their website is quieter/business is down etc. Could the trend towards a band be a major factor that we are ignoring?
    In answer I don't think its bands as we are still picking off their work. Our agent still says band aren't selling, but you guys are priced perfect to pick up their work.

We are mad busy with singer and DJ combinations. People are moving up from DJ only as we are not that much more than some DJ prices and coming down from bands as they get live music without the cost.

As a guide and not turning it into a pricing thread is to explain my positioning of our business logic.

Current prices for evening singer and disco is £500. You get swing reception in that flat early section of evening and live party set after buffet. (advantages are live music and proper DJ for a couple of hundred pounds more than a DJ and substantially less than a band who you may also need to hire a DJ with).

We are also pulling on the bands rates as we can do all day with live entertainment for the same price or less than a band in the evening. The live swing stuff is working great during wedding breakfasts.

So live music is cutting into DJ only work as we are now up to 85% of 2012 as singer DJ and 100% of our 4 2013 confirmed bookings.

Its an interesting one too as people seem to book the live entertainment sooner as they feel they need to secure the specific performer they want. I say this as a bit of a sweeping statement, but also because the 2013 bookings specifically wanted us / Kev's voice not someone else.

It is not a correct a correct perception looking inside out as you need to get your DJ right too as well we know, but I would suggest public still think a DJ is a DJ and they play the same music, but a performer has a specific style, etc.
    Last edited by NKR; 28-10-2011 at 01:45 PM.
    www.nkentertainment.co.uk
    The north wests premier wedding DJ and singer package. We will not be beaten on quality!
    www.michaelmooble.co.uk

I've noticed a surge in clients requesting my 'band & DJ package'

This could explain why a couple of wedding singers/bands on this forum are busy.

No evidence of that here, all looking ok at the mo!

Covering, West Midlands, Cotswolds, South & Mid Wales. Have van, will travel!
    National Association of DJs

I've not noticed any difference at all. Not round my area anyway.

| have noticed a lot of bands telling clients on enquires they dont need a dj as they will sort - an mp3 player thre there mixer desk is all you get !

But hey ho people wont learn
    new website domain name... http://www.dejavuroadshow.tk/

I think that the band work isn't picking up at all for Weddings.

Some Weddings maybe booking the cheaper end of the band market for their weddings, but the 'Wedding Circuit' bands that I that were charging around £1400 - £2500 a booking still aren't as busy as they were in 2008 / 2009.

Even our stock of bands charge around the £1100 - £1250 mark still have loads of availability on some very prime dates.