Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Midi player

Well, During my visit down South to Phase Ones' Open Day I bought a mc6000. Then arrived home thinking I made the wrong decision. If I was looking for a midi player for gigging with then the Denon would be my choice out of all on offer, but I just wanted a nice toy for my home office, and loved the simplicity, feel and un-clutterdness of the Pioneer DDJ T1. So a quick call to Phase One and I upgraded my order.

Looking forward to receiving it today.

PIC
    Last edited by Shaun; 29-11-2011 at 12:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    Well, During my visit down South to Phase Ones' Open Day I bought a mc6000. Then arrived home thinking I made the wrong decision. If I was looking for a midi player for gigging with then the Denon would be my choice out of all on offer, but I just wanted a nice toy for my home office, and loved the simplicity, feel and un-clutterdness of the Pioneer DDJ T1. So a quick call to Phase One and I upgraded my order.

Looking forward to receiving it today.

PIC
    Nice ... You blew the original budget then lol

Just slightly.

I had the MC-6000 and I'd agree 100% Shaun, it was far too cluttered.

Good choice, I'd love to have a play about with one of the Pioneers

Glad you only want it for home use, coz this would really annoy you if you were going to gig it. http://www.djkit.com/pioneer/Pioneer-DDJT1.html
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Steve View Post
    Glad you only want it for home use, coz this would really annoy you if you were going to gig it. http://www.djkit.com/pioneer/Pioneer-DDJT1.html
    To be honest, I'd rather boil my head than use ANY midi controller to gig with. I can only hope that a successor to the HD2500 comes available sometime down the line. I've got 3 Denons so that should keep me going for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    To be honest, I'd rather boil my head than use ANY midi controller to gig with. I can only hope that a successor to the HD2500 comes available sometime down the line. I've got 3 Denons so that should keep me going for a while.
    I partly agree with you Shaun. I'd rather use an HDC than a MIDI, but I have a growing fear that the day of the HDC is past. Great shame.

I feel that the MIDI is now "The Emperor's New Clothes". Were circumstances different, my preferred setup would be a MIDI controller cased up with an HDC as well. I don't think that scenario is yet imminent.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk