Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Social Networking.

Thanks Steve.
    Food for thought indeed.

Another question on the Social Networking subject.

Facebook: If promoting your disco, is it better to get people on as friends, or is it enough to get them just to like your page?
    If they like a comment you have posted, does that mean they and their friends get any future comments which you post?

Thanks.

Mike

If you create a like only page - When a person likes your page it will show on their wall and future posts will appear on the Flickr at the top right hand side.

Adding people as friends apart from pestering them, will show up on other friends pages and they will see your wall posts.

Due to the new update both will work the same although with having friends you can invite them to like your page and send out emailing lists etc if you were to have promotions etc.

The problem with the new update is unless multiple friends like your page it will not appear on the main wall but only on the Flickr.

I would recommend creating a small business page and having it as a page and a like page.
    Add friends but also promote it for likes.

If anyone wants to follow me on twitter, my name is @justin_addison
    I'll follow you back

Quote Originally Posted by Glasgowdjhire View Post
    Mike

If you create a like only page - When a person likes your page it will show on their wall and future posts will appear on the Flickr at the top right hand side.

Adding people as friends apart from pestering them, will show up on other friends pages and they will see your wall posts.

Due to the new update both will work the same although with having friends you can invite them to like your page and send out emailing lists etc if you were to have promotions etc.

The problem with the new update is unless multiple friends like your page it will not appear on the main wall but only on the Flickr.

I would recommend creating a small business page and having it as a page and a like page.
    Add friends but also promote it for likes.
    Thanks for that Graeme.

No problem

When you do get it up and running get adding me..

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Glasgo...54657874545139

So, after much badgering from Martin, and running in direct contradiction to me well documented Luddite tendencies....I've joined Twitter for the disco. I hope to routinely post urbane and witty insights into my day to day existence. I also hope to be an astronaut.

Anyhoo, if you feel like following me, it would be much appreciated. I will, of course, return the favour. I'm @JFTDiscotheque (I think...).
    Jonathan Ford's Travelling Discotheque http://www.jftd.co.uk/
    Thoughtful mobile disco entertainment across the Midlands

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Ford View Post
    So, after much badgering from Martin, and running in direct contradiction to me well documented Luddite tendencies....I've joined Twitter for the disco. I hope to routinely post urbane and witty insights into my day to day existence. I also hope to be an astronaut.

Anyhoo, if you feel like following me, it would be much appreciated. I will, of course, return the favour. I'm @JFTDiscotheque (I think...).
    Can't find you, Jonathan. Nothing's coming up for that Twitter name???

BTW, mine's DJDazzyD (quite obviously, I'd have thought!!) but it's a bit boring on there recently. But watch this space!!
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Ok took the plunge and opened a twitter account, will hopefully get some people added from here and I will add those that have posted because its telling me to add 5 people lol

Anyone wants to add me its @bossmankardisco....I think
    www.bossmankaraokedisco.co.uk & www.coventry-weddingdj.co.uk
    BOSSMAN KARAOKE DISCO inc. COVENTRY WEDDING DJ

Covering Coventry, West Midlands & Warwickshire

Quote Originally Posted by BossmanKaraokeDisco View Post
    Ok took the plunge and opened a twitter account, will hopefully get some people added from here and I will add those that have posted because its telling me to add 5 people lol

Anyone wants to add me its @bossmankardisco....I think
    Added hammys4weddings