Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help needed!

Quote Originally Posted by mattydinx View Post
    I've got a Twinology CD-G decoder sitting collecting dust if you're interested?

It takes the digital output from your CD-Players and decodes the graphics for display on multiple monitors.

Linky

Not true - Many CD players with a digital output (with the exception of some Denon units) output CD+G information however you require a decoder.

Google "EK Twinology"
    When I started I used Pioneer CD players (and sometimes a 300+1 Multi-CD player!) linked up to a VocoPro CD+G decoder and it worked really well. Now it's just 2 JVC CD+G players for ease of use.

As for vocal effects, I find that CD+G player onboard FX are pretty terrible. The best option is a dedicated vocal vocal processor or, failing that, mixer onboard fx are usually superior to those on a player.
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Hi folks thanks for all your advice i have now done 2 karaoke nights in the same pub and despite the first one being fairly quiet last night was packed and plenty of singers, which was lucky as when i arrived to set up there was a new landlord who had no idea i was coming and didnt seem too happy! he told me unless it was busy he would cancel the Karaoke night as he hates Karaoke!!
    Thankfully due to the success of last night im carrying on but to be honest i find this man a real pain and if it wasnt for the fact i DJ in this pub every sat i would of told him to stick it!!
    I opted for the Sunfly Pro 888 Player and put all the discs on an SD card which is a dream to work with, i dont however use the Sunfly players effects as i found them poor so its all connected to the mixer i DJ with, i also found the 2 Sunfly radio mics to be very poor and instead im using 2 corded mics i was given by a friend in the recording business and these sound great.