Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help needed!

Quote Originally Posted by Glenski View Post
    I'd stick with the Sunfly player... which best suits your needs and has all the features of mic control, key change etc.
    You'd be best to mate, as there are some mad die hard karaoke singers out there who would look at you as if your nose was a big toe if you couldn't add reverb or change key to their song !

Quote Originally Posted by matt the cat View Post
    Hi, i have been a mobile dj for 9 years and the pub where i work every week have asked me to do karaoke every friday too im still in the dark ages and dj with cd`s rather than laptop and after looking on here and on various sites i have not got a clue what i should be buying!
    im looking at getting a sunfly pro 888 as sunfly have an offer of a machine with 2 cordless mics, 9 disc pack of big hits plus any 10 discs of my choice for 200 pound but was wondering if these players are any good for use in pubs or more of a home machine?
    Also i wondered if i can just use the KAM kcd mp3200 duel disc player that i use to dj with? iv looked on the KAM site but cant find any info on this player! it has an digital output at the back of each cd tray so i was wondering if i buy some leads can i just connect this to a tv? (told you i was clueless!!) i have looked for info on this player but not seen its capable of playing cd+g discs
    any help would be great
    The sunfly player is ok for professional use but the wireless mics almost certainly won't be. When all is said and done every budget player is made in the far east for a price. I remember getting through several players once my trusty JVC packed in.

Have you tried www.emkaraoke.co.uk ? They do a range of players and perhaps if you speak to them, they might do a disc package for you too. Most of their players support mp3+g so you can download and use tracks from Sunfly and the like.

Thanks again everyone i have just ordered the sunfly pro 888 player and bought loads of cd+g discs from amazon as well as sunflys own, now im off to see about books from the advice i have recieved on here.
    cheers again

I hate to be negative... but karaoke isn't something you can just jump straight into without any experience, it could really affect your reputation. Ideally you'd want to work with an experience KJ to gain experience first, or possibly speak to the landlord about a midweek night to get to grips with it first - it will be quieter, with less pressure, and of course less mistakes made

Ideally you will need some sort of vocal effects too! Singers can sound very off and flat depending on the venue (and talent!)... I have fx on my Alesis mixer! which I use the echo to varying degrees on the mics!

Cheers

Sarah

which pubs in northwich do you perform at?
    always remember, you're unique, just like everyone else......

There was a post in the For Sale thread a while back, which i made for a friend who was selling ALOT of CDG's etc for a very good price, if they are still selling and you are still wanting i shall ask for you.
    Dave

The pub im doing the karaoke is the ring o bells in weaverham, a really spit n sawdust type pub with a fight most nights! To be honest the folk who use the pub on weekends are usually too smashed to care what they sound like! Yep im lookin forward to my first night lol

know it well...!, Northwich was my home town up until 6 years ago.
    always remember, you're unique, just like everyone else......