Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: what controller & software

Default what controller & software

Hi Folks

I am looking at maybe getting a new controller and software.
    Currently using a Pioneer MEP7000 with VDJ. The only thing i am not enjoying is the fact that you cant lock a playlist order in VDJ.

Open to suggestions. I love the feel of the MEP so if i could get other software that worked well with this is it would be good.

Thanks folks

Iain

Anyone out there

Well I'm not really the best person to respond to this ( in fact I could be one of the worst ) but as for controllers, the current flavour of the month is the Denon MC6000. It's a fine piece of kit, and comes with Traktor. ( of which I have zero experience. ) Most folk use VDJ with it , as far as I know, so not really a lot of help, sorry.

As to your gripe with VDJ, re playlists, I'm surprised at that, hopefully one of the cognoscenti will give advice on that point.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by atlanticdisco View Post
    Anyone out there
    There are lots out there but its a bit of a nothing post tbh as each controller has a good and
    bad point which technically makes all the leading models as good as each other.

Best bet it to choose your fave four and get to a showroom that has all of them and spend a few hours fiddling.
    I personally use a Vestax VCI 300 which is getting old but still is rock solid!

Pinoeeer seem to be leading the way as usual by waiting and then ripping off everyone elses ideas.
    Last edited by yourdj; 20-11-2011 at 12:48 AM.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/