Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Numark DJ2GO.

Quote Originally Posted by cdkdisco View Post
    Must agree with a lot that has been said. I bought my at BPM and until yesterday only being toying around with it.
    That is until I bought virtual dj7 yesterday.It now offers me the ability to use the DJ2GO in al its basic glory...and use the Automix/Crate facility if I want to as well. Great for those quiet times at the start of some gigs.
    I am going to persevere with this as I had just about given up on using a laptop at gigs and went back to my cd collection.
    And as I use my cd/mixer as output for the laptop, I`ll still be able to have my cd`s, albeit a smaller selection, as back up.
    Who knows ,might get to like this way of dj`ing. But for moment, definately £50.00 well spent.
    Exactly what I do! And good to see more DJs taking a chance and discovering the benefits that the DJ2GO can bring, especially to those, not unlike me, who are a bit bewildered by the more comprehensive and feature-laden controllers available today.

Since I wrote my review, I've used the DJ2GO regularly at my gigs. Using VDJ7 it gives me an easy way of creating the seamless loops that help me to beatmatch in to top-notch track-mixes. This simply wasn't possible using just the laptop keyboard as you can only press one keyboard key at a time but you can use the controller simultaneously with the laptop. Simplicity in itself!
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Just ordered one myself after reading this thread.

Mine arrived today, I must say it's a great piece of kit.

A couple things, the jog wheel is a pain in the backside, I keep knocking it, I'd rather it behaved like my old CDJ's.

Also the skin is all stretched, looks pants, and no option to change it, as the tab doesn't appear in LE. I don't really want to use the very expensive upgrade to PRO, as I don't need hardly any of those features, any fixes without doing that?

Quote Originally Posted by Retrodisco View Post

A couple things, the jog wheel is a pain in the backside, I keep knocking it, I'd rather it behaved like my old CDJ's.
    Also the skin is all stretched, looks pants, and no option to change it, as the tab doesn't appear in LE. I don't really want to use the very expensive upgrade to PRO, as I don't need hardly any of those features, any fixes without doing that?
    Post #18

As to different skins without upgrades, well I don't know at all. Bearing in mind that it only costs £50, I think ven getting software at all is amazing. No wonder it's basic beyond belief.
    Last edited by Excalibur; 06-02-2012 at 12:33 PM.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Post #18

As todifferent skins without upgrades, well I don't know at all. Bearing in mind that it only costs £50, I think ven getting software at all is amazing. No wonder it's basic beyond belief.
    Thanks. I agree it's a good bit of software for the price, and does all I need, but looks a mess on my laptop.

To be fair, Peter did say earlier that the LE version is pretty poor and no good for pro playout. I'd seriously recommend you upgrade to VDJ7 (unless you're using other playout software - the DJ2GO is a midi controller so will map to pretty much any midi-complient DJ software).

I had the same problem with keep catching the jog wheel but, in version 7, it's an easy fix. You just go to the options setting and choose CD mode instead of Vinyl mode (see my comments in post #18. This fixes the stuttering sound when you accidentally catch the (oversensitive, imo) jogwheel. I know the settings for VDJ LE are very restricted and I don't think you can change the mode settings on it. However, I've installed it on a different machine which I don't have access to at the moment so I can't check this out.
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Quote Originally Posted by DazzyD View Post
    To be fair, Peter did say earlier that the LE version is pretty poor and no good for pro playout. I'd seriously recommend you upgrade to VDJ7 (unless you're using other playout software - the DJ2GO is a midi controller so will map to pretty much any midi-complient DJ software).

I had the same problem with keep catching the jog wheel but, in version 7, it's an easy fix. You just go to the options setting and choose CD mode instead of Vinyl mode (see my comments in post #18. This fixes the stuttering sound when you accidentally catch the (oversensitive, imo) jogwheel. I know the settings for VDJ LE are very restricted and I don't think you can change the mode settings on it. However, I've installed it on a different machine which I don't have access to at the moment so I can't check this out.
    LE is indeed limited, very limited, but as I do pretty much nothing but 80s nights, I don't need an features other than crossfader and play.

Cant change the settings to CD mode in LE either.

I'm using the 20 days trial of VDJ 7 at the moment, but the cost at nearly £200 for the features (or rather lack of requirement of them) a lot in the current climate.

LE is indeed limited, very limited, but as I do pretty much nothing but 80s nights, I don't need an features other than crossfader and play.Cant change the settings to CD mode in LE either.

I'm using the 20 days trial of VDJ 7 at the moment, but the cost at nearly £200 for the features (or rather lack of requirement of them) a lot in the current climate.
    That's one more than I need. I don't think I've ever used a crossfader on purpose.

Re upgrade cost, I have no better suggestions, sorry.

I've now got DJ2GO but whilst it works with the VDJ Lite it doesn't do anything when I use VDJ PRO 7. What's wrong anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by musicologydisco View Post
    I've now got DJ2GO but whilst it works with the VDJ Lite it doesn't do anything when I use VDJ PRO 7. What's wrong anyone?
    No idea. Dazzy and I just plugged it in, and it all worked.