Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What speakers?

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    ...but not as good as the Pioneer IMO. (having used both!)
    So have I...but personally, I feel the denon is more suited to mibile applications (wel;l the 5000 is too, but is a fair bit more expensive)
    http://www.dynamic-entertainment.co.uk

Tel:0800 990 3030

The opinions here are those of an individual and not necessarily those of Dynamic Entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamic Entertainment View Post
    So have I...but personally, I feel the denon is more suited to mibile applications (wel;l the 5000 is too, but is a fair bit more expensive)
    I think they are both suited to mobile applications, but the Denon is slightly more mobile friendly. The Pioneer has a few things that are really un-needed, hence the appearance of the 5000.

They are both 19" rackmount, and the Pioneer is slightly bigger, but it does have a more refined sound IMO.

Both decent mixers though.

I've always found pioneer to have a harsh sound, almost like all the thought has gone it to effects but compromising on the sound quality. But they seem to have become the djs choice of mixer in the clubs, more for the effects. It seems the likes of function 1 and other club installers would always prefer to install formula sound or allen& Heath, basic mixers but the sound quality is easily distinguished between them and pioneer. In my opinion of course .
    long live lightboxes..........lots of em!!!

There is absolutly no point what so ever in going for the Pioneer mixer...and this is coming from a Pioneer Lover....the DN-X500 is a hell of alot cheaper and the sound quality is awesome!
    I do like the Denon X500 mixer, but would like to keep it all matched if I can help it with a Pioneer mixer to match my Pioneer CMX 3000 twin CD player.

Quote Originally Posted by dh140770 View Post
    Denon mixer and rcf speakers. What size you go for depends on whether you intend to use subs going forward?
    I do like RCF speakers, but I quite like the new EV Live X series.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    ...but for someone like Tom, what's more practical?

The DNX500 will do the job fine (IMO - I haven't used the Pioneer )

TBF, I don't think Tom has any intention of changing his mixer. Like I did, he's thinking 'how the hell can a mixer change the sound quality?!'

You'll be pleasantly surprised Tom.
    I have now been thinking about keeping the Numark mixer, and Pioneer CD player etc as a back up, and buying a Denon MC 6000 software controller as my main playout.

Just admit it Tom....you havnt a clue what you want
    http://www.dynamic-entertainment.co.uk

Tel:0800 990 3030

The opinions here are those of an individual and not necessarily those of Dynamic Entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by DynamoTom View Post
    I do like RCF speakers, but I quite like the new EV Live X series.
    Mine are now in cases so should hopefully run half the system on Saturday night - ie the passive 15's with the old Mackie 1801 - and then fire the drive rack up next week to run the whole system together.

I will provide feedback some time next week as got an all day wedding on Sunday too, so won't be able to report back then.
    www.nkentertainment.co.uk
    The north wests premier wedding DJ and singer package. We will not be beaten on quality!
    www.michaelmooble.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by NKR View Post
    Mine are now in cases so should hopefully run half the system on Saturday night - ie the passive 15's with the old Mackie 1801 - and then fire the drive rack up next week to run the whole system together.

I will provide feedback some time next week as got an all day wedding on Sunday too, so won't be able to report back then.
    Thank you. I can't wait to hear your feed back about them.

Where did you get the flight cases done for them?

Just admit it Tom....you havnt a clue what you want
    I have a clue of what I want/would like, but just trying to work out what would suit me best.
    Last edited by Excalibur; 26-11-2011 at 07:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DynamoTom View Post
    Thank you. I can't wait to hear your feed back about them.

Where did you get the flight cases done for them?
    Custom built by Swanflight. Not a cheap hobby but nice cases.
    www.nkentertainment.co.uk
    The north wests premier wedding DJ and singer package. We will not be beaten on quality!
    www.michaelmooble.co.uk

well Tom i am taking my new ev elx112p tops out for the first time tonight so will let you know what there like

Quote Originally Posted by flatliners View Post
    well Tom i am taking my new ev elx112p tops out for the first time tonight so will let you know what there like
    Thank you Flatliners.

I am thinking about getting the 12 inch version due to the weight and size issue, but I feel I will get slightly better bass response from a 15 inch driver.