Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Charity - Cancer

CJ, I was in a very similar position to you at a very similar age, so you and your family are in my thoughts.

If you need any help whatsoever with this project, please don't hesitate to get in touch.
    Jonathan Ford's Travelling Discotheque http://www.jftd.co.uk/
    Thoughtful mobile disco entertainment across the Midlands

Sorry to hear your sad news, CJ. I'm sure you didn't post this for sympathy but you might take some comfort out of knowing that you and your family are in our thoughts right now.

As for your request for help with your fundraising, I'm sure that lots of members of the forum will be forthcoming with ideas. I'll also put my experience at your disposal as what you're aiming for is pretty similar to how my business started. Our first assignment was to arrange a fund-raising night for the (then) newly-formed Cancer Research UK. We had a solo singer, a duo and we compared the whole evening as the Blues Brothers. It went down a storm and a lot of money was raised for a really good cause.

My first tip for you is find a sponsor for the whole event. It's noble that you want to put your own funds up but you'll be able to take your event further with a corporate sponsor on board and you may find that they can open doors that you hadn't even considered.

Anyway, good luck and keep us in the loop!
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Default Free website

If you want a free website for the event, give me a shout.

Well done for doing something positive at this terrible time. Cancer has cast it's shadow across our family too and I share your pain.

Plenty of wise words already given. I'd only add speak, to the fundraiser at the hospice, or charity you decide to support - they will have ideas, experience, and contacts.

I do a Cancer Charity Ball each year which is organised by 2 ladies who have become my good friends. They work for one of the big banks who, I believe, fund-match their totals. The hotel give them a good rate, and it's a 3 course dinner, charity auction, and dance/disco. This year they added a comedy magic act to the entertainment. They have lots of contacts through their work with clients who book tables, and donate prizes.

Working with people who can shift tickets and gain generous prize donations takes the pressure off of me. They also have someone to host the main part of the evening, something that I would, of course, happily do if needed but this means I can just make sure the sound and light are great and that the radio mics are working.

They also have a photographer doing pictures for anyone who wants them - couples, groups, etc. Last time a cake maker provided cup cakes for desert which the hotel allowed. You may be able to use some of your business network to help.

That's all i can think of right now.

Good luck with your plans, and my thoughts are with you and yours at this terrible time.
    Counting my blessings

Unique, Elegant and Fun Wedding Disco Entertainment
    http://www.thepartydj.co.uk