Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: American DJ Sparkle LED

Default American DJ Sparkle LED

Does anyone use or have you seen the American DJ Sparkle LED 3W?

I had thought about buying a couple to replace my mirror ball.

They are great little units however I do believe they are not DMX, they aren't sound activated and you can't alter the speed. What is confusing though is that this unit has two operating modes, static and rotating. Looking at some of the video's it would tell you that if you have it on rotate you can choose which direction but apparently you can't (according to the manual) so how exactly you get one rotating clockwise and the other anti-clockwise (as shown in the official video) is beyond me.

I think also they're a bit pricey but a couple of these would look quite nice.
    just ian
    Wedding DJ - DISCOfever

The chances are its a simple AC motor and the direction it rotates depends on what half of the wave your turn it on to. Like the mirror ball motors.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeW View Post
    Does anyone use or have you seen the American DJ Sparkle LED 3W?

I had thought about buying a couple to replace my mirror ball.
    I have a Sparkle and also a pair of mirror balls, I've used them together and separately.

Nothing (IMO) gives the same effect as a mirror ball so I wouldn't consider them a comparable replacement, they are a different effect.

The Sparkle can be aimed (on the B&G for the First Dance for example) - but won't fill a room like a mirror ball.

In answer to Ian's query - they randomly go clockwise or anti-clockwise when turned on, so if you want two going in separate directions it's a matter of flicking the switches until the desired direction occurs.

Quote Originally Posted by funkymook View Post
    In answer to Ian's query - they randomly go clockwise or anti-clockwise when turned on, so if you want two going in separate directions it's a matter of flicking the switches until the desired direction occurs.
    How bizarre! But handy to know. Annoying when they are 3.5m in the air on truss LOL
    just ian
    Wedding DJ - DISCOfever

Quote Originally Posted by ianforest View Post
    How bizarre! But handy to know. Annoying when they are 3.5m in the air on truss LOL
    Immaterial when the Show Director is by your right knee.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Thanks for your feedback. To the guys who use them, I know they are only approx 3w each, but do you think they are fairly bright/what are they like in a room that is not that dark?

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Immaterial when the Show Director is by your right knee.
    And if you don't use a Show Director?
    just ian
    Wedding DJ - DISCOfever

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
    The chances are its a simple AC motor and the direction it rotates depends on what half of the wave your turn it on to. Like the mirror ball motors.
    Correct. I bought two of these last week, and although you cannot control the direction of spin, if you cycle the spin button a few times, it "jumps: in the other direction.

Really well made chunky lights these, with a lovely effect with some haze. Perfect for that slow set. I use these with a bit of blue- purple wash from my par cans and with the haze its a really professional effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauli363 View Post
    Correct. I bought two of these last week, and although you cannot control the direction of spin, if you cycle the spin button a few times, it "jumps: in the other direction.

Really well made chunky lights these, with a lovely effect with some haze. Perfect for that slow set. I use these with a bit of blue- purple wash from my par cans and with the haze its a really professional effect.
    I have had 2 for a couple of years, they will put small dots on a dance floor for first dance, and pointed upwards to the ceiling will provide white dots with some coverage but the definition of the dots isn't that great. As said with haze etc the effect is great either mounted on the floor pointing up or on a truss pointing above heads on the dancefloor. Yes the motor's direction is determined by switching unit on or off.
    Regards
    always remember, you're unique, just like everyone else......