Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: This Week's Gigs

Friday - School Disco at St Richards Primary School - 2 hours School Disco
    Saturday - Wedding Disco at Gardeners Country Inn
    Monday - Disco for Hull University Music Society Christmas Ball at Country Park Inn.

I decided back in February just to take work for myself this year as last year was too hectic with sorting out other DJs and stupid little problems.

I'm doing 23 in December mostly at Rookery Hall. I do an acoustic night each week and am slightly concerned as I'm having to do it for the last time next week till Jan 11th, I just can't keep it going at the same time as my residency so I am hoping it won't take too much kick starting again in the new year. I thoroughly enjoy the night as its something completely different to what I normally do and lots of the regulars and musicians have become friends so it was a difficult decision to make.

I have done some Christmas parties already and am just about getting into it, the parties are also getting better attended with each night that goes by and folk are steadily getting into the Christmas spirit. I have also got a few coming up that are for single companies rather than public and some of them are regular clients so I know what they are like and there are some wild ones on the horizon.

Last night local town late night Christmas shopping event

Tonight hotel residency in Croydon
    Tomorrow hotel residency in Croydon
    Ralph @ Disco Magic
    www.disco-magic.co.uk
    www.toastmasterinsurrey.co.uk

"Creating Magical Memories and Exceptional Events"

So how are the Christmas parties going?

My one last night wasn't too good, it was llargely dominated by a party of 5 tables from a medium sized company who weren't really up for it. They were fairly youngish but the men all wore bow tie and tux and the ladies were very conservatively dressed, they had asked to have their drinks reception in a seperate room and it was like they were there because they had to be. The other tables were mostly made up of families and groups of friends and one of them went straight after the food because a elderly lady got very badly drunk and was ill...not nice at all. I really struggled to get the party kick started.

Friday night was a different story, absolutely mad crowd, 2 groups of primary school teachers, 2 tables from a Doctors surgery and a couple of other smaller companies and they all mixed and had a fantastic time. Tonight is a mixed bag again and tomorrow is Swinton Insurance and they have always been a good crowd.