Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: alto ts112pa or ts115pa

There a guy slling them up near me. and there ok. not worth the money if you ask me. W-audio prs15a are better
    CJ-Entertainment
    Your Professional DJ Service
    Tel: 0771 546 1992

Well guys.. I am afraid I have to disagree.. My small pa was in for repair, and, rather than use my large pa for a small function my local shop lent me the 10" version of these and they blew me away! The bass from these small cabs is phenomenal... I would suggest before passing any further comment you go to a dealer and have a listen to these. I went back and bought them and have used them for small venues for up to 75 people and didn't find them wanting. Obviously, not ideal for a 21st but for every other event they are brilliant.
    David.

allstarsentertainments.com

Quote Originally Posted by DAVESOUNDS SERVICES View Post
    J
    you can buy a nice looking Skytec speaker and stuff the cab with Beyma drivers BUT it will always be a Skytec....
    Think about it

Cheers
    I have done...........AND it boils down to a previous debate regarding 'Badge snobbery'.

With comments like that Dave, "you are a Dinosaur mate", just because a manufacturer made crap products, does it mean they will always do so?
    Try waking up and look at 'SKODA', how crap were their venture into the mainstream British car industry.

Look at the old Skoda Estelle range and all the Skoda jokes that evolved as a result of that. Where are Skoda now? highly respected by the best of motoring critic's. There are also 100's of other manufacturing examples, even the BIG boys got it wrong at some stage !

So the point I'm trying to make is 'once crap not always crap', I have used many a pair of the Skytec/QRC actives on hire and have performed faultlessly, to a point I sold my Mackie Thumps and replaced with more QRC's!

C'mon Dave move on !!

I have a pair of TS115A's, I did compare them to the 'Pro Version' but really didn't hear any difference in overall sound!
    Last edited by Corabar Entertainment; 25-07-2012 at 12:00 PM. Reason: Breach of selling rules

Quote Originally Posted by djdj View Post
    I have a pair of TS115A's, I did compare them to the 'Pro Version' but really didn't hear any difference in overall sound!
    Seriously thinking of getting some of the 15's,seem to be getting half decent reviews!!

Quote Originally Posted by minty View Post
    Seriously thinking of getting some of the 15's,seem to be getting half decent reviews!!
    Me too these would be my first move to powered speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Totally Plucked View Post
    Try waking up and look at 'SKODA', how crap were their venture into the mainstream British car industry.
    I fear your analogy with Skoda may not have been the most suitable. I'll give you three guesses what Dave's driving at the moment, and loving.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    I'll give you three guesses what Dave's driving at the moment, and loving.
    Can't remember, I haven't seen a picture of it for a while
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

I fear your analogy with Skoda may not have been the most suitable. I'll give you three guesses what Dave's driving at the moment, and loving.
    I am not able to comment much on active speakers although I did buy a cheap
    qtx for my sons Rodeo Bull business and you get what you pay for generally--

However looking through some old receipts I notice my beloved Peavey set up is now 8.5 years old and still banging out the tunes like a good un.

So I guess reliability and cost to repair and in fact availability of parts in future might be a factor to consider--it might sound brilliant on the first gig---what happens after 100 gigs?

I rememeber noting with some surprise Toby was mentioning a set up he had needed I think a new speaker and thought crikey replacing a speaker on a set up like that--shouldnt that last a long time?

Cant rememeber the make but was I believe fairly well respected.

Just a thought.

Ah....but... he wouldnt be driving that if Matamp made cars