Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: "Good morning, Sir"

Default "Good morning, Sir"

" It's a routine stop, as you know we're having a lot of cable thefts". Yup, I got pulled by The Boys In Blue after John's gig Monday night. I wouldn't normally mind, but be reasonable, why on earth would you suspect a ten year old van ( which like its driver has seen better days, ) heavily loaded, proceeding slowly along the road at half past one in the morning?

One of the humorous aspects was that when I opened up the doors to show that I wasn't loaded with a couple of miles of British Rail's finest cable, what was sitting proudly in the middle of the van? Only the ne'er do well's weapon of choice: A bloody great Stihlsaw, equipped with a blade guaranteed to cut most things known to mankind!

The two officers who stopped me were absolutely brilliant, great lads.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

I know its a pain in the bum Peter but it is nice to see this happening.

Quote Originally Posted by hammy View Post
    I know its a pain in the bum Peter but it is nice to see this happening.
    Pain in the bum? No, not really. As I said, the officers were absolutely brilliant, and before they stopped me I had seen British Rail Police going round the area, obviously on the same tack. These cable thefts cause untold havoc to travellers, and are dangerous.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Its not just the railways getting hit. Our local news had a story the other week about a village losing all the phone lines and broadband becuase cable thieves stole the cable....not once but TWICE in a week. BT had just restored service and they stole it again !!!