Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cortex Dmix 300

It might just be that the version of firmware your Dmix has is the same age or newer than the update on the stick. It just sits and doesn't do anything if it doesn't think it needs to update.

Julian
    http://www.bristoldiscohire.co.uk - Quality Disco and Equipment hire for Bristol & Bath
    Weddings, Birthday Parties, Kids Parties, School Disco's and more
    https://julianburr.co.uk - Wedding, Family, Portrait and Product Photography

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Jules View Post
    It might just be that the version of firmware your Dmix has is the same age or newer than the update on the stick. It just sits and doesn't do anything if it doesn't think it needs to update.

Julian
    Likeliest option, I feel. Does the Dmix tell you which one you're on if you fire it up with no media attached and press the info button? If it does, you can verify this theory.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    You must have a different manual to mine. There are many references in mine to using the 1000 with an Ipod.
    Is that a Numark D2 Manual Peter?

The EXPERT at Cortex says you cant do it.

But you can using Numark software---which is cheating of course.

I suggest again--RING CORTEX.

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZY K ROADSHOW View Post
    Is that a Numark D2 Manual Peter?
    http://www.cortex-pro.com/upload/201...06_english.pdf
    The EXPERT at Cortex says you cant do it.
    Then he doesn't know as much as my tame expert.

I suggest again--RING CORTEX.
    And I suggest again checking that you're actually trying to update the firmware, rather than giving it an older or concurrent one.

Likeliest option, I feel. Does the Dmix tell you which one you're on if you fire it up with no media attached and press the info button? If it does, you can verify this theory.
    It does yes.............and according to that, the firmware available on the cortex website is more recent.

I can't see how it can be the stick as, like I said, I would expect some sort of error message such "cannot read device" when I used it but it tells what the device is fine except when I select that deive (i.e. the usb stick) it goes straight to asking me I want to verify my database rather than detect the firmware.

The machine works fine, I just don't like running with old software.

www.ceremonyonline.com

Could any of you fine gentlemen provide me with a working download link for the latest cortex dmix-300 firmware please? I have just purchased this unit secondhand and getting a few problems with it that im hoping upgrading the firmware will fix (maybe not too)... Obviously the cortex website is no more, and the gemini website seems to have broken links.

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by DJNickyD View Post
    Obviously the cortex website is no more, and the gemini website seems to have broken links.

Thanks in advance
    As far as I'm aware Gemini are the only source of the last versions of Cortex software unless you are fortunate enough to find someone who has previously downloaded a copy and still has it lurking on a hard drive somewhere, but as it's around 6 years ago now it's a bit of a long shot. Do you know if the DMIX-600 shares the same software? I very much doubt it does, but I may have a copy of that on a obsolete hard drive lurking in a drawer somewhere. If you're certain it does, I'll have a search for it for you, but I don't want to waste the considerable amount of time it would involve looking for it, if indeed I still have it, which in itself is by no means certain.
    Inside every old person, is a young person wondering 'What The Hell Happened'. Tempus Fugit

Disco 4 Hire

Is this what the Cortex Manager 2.0 software is for?

If so, I've shared it here:

Cortex DBSE 2.0

Click my link which will take you to my download page for the software, then click the Download button in the top right. Click "Save File" then save it to your desktop. It's a zipped folder and everything you need is in there, so I'm led to believe (I've never had a Cortex unit myself, I'm just good at finding legacy and discontinued software!) as I've shared this with others here before. The software is copyrighted but it's been abandoned by its manufacturer some years ago so I think we're safe to share it here!
    Last edited by DazzyD; 08-11-2018 at 09:00 PM.
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Quote Originally Posted by DazzyD View Post
    Is this what the Cortex Manager 2.0 software is for?
    Err, no. That's used to index hard drives. The software we're seeking is machine specific. Young Creature posted up links to the 1000 software recently, but I suspect the Dmix is very different.

Err, no. That's used to index hard drives. The software we're seeking is machine specific. Young Creature posted up links to the 1000 software recently, but I suspect the Dmix is very different.
    Yeah it is very different unfortunately.

I've the 1000 software here and should have the DMix but can't seem to find it.
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk