Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Afternoon All

Ok been told today that sound control in glasgow are going to replace my gear.But i need to arrange new cover with music guard when i receive it.But the underwriters may apply new terms and conditions to my policy.
    Well i am off to try and hire some gear in for the weekend now

Still no news of WHEN they will be replacing it then?

Also, bit worrying that just because you've made a claim they want to renegotiate their policy with you!!!!!!!

Thanks for the regular updates: keep 'em coming, and good luck finding some kit to hire this weekend.

Agree with Angela, you need some deadline on this--there should be NO delay now--the dealer has got the kit--if he hasnt dont hang around---tell MG to find themselves who can do the job properly!

All they have to do is to get the kit on a lorry next day delivery.

Its not rocket science --its disco equipment, you are probably suffering all this because the Insurance company get a discount on the gear from THEIR DEALER so they save money--- and hopefully it helps keep premiums down--none of which helps a DJ who needs his kit at the weekend.

The new Insurance terms are a problem because you wont be able to go elsewhere realistically---

I suspect this scheme has a fairly small number of policyholders " in the pool"

That means unlike Norwich Union insuring your car or house---where they cover millions of people so a claim probably doesnt mean your premium shoots up--- because the number of people covered by this scheme is PROBABLY relatively small every claim has a bigger effect on the overall situation, meaning they may come down hard on you after a claim.

Look at it like this--if you throw a stone in the middle of a lake theres a very slight ripple effect---throw it in a puddle---

Anyway, see what they say, it may all be better than im saying.

Please post the outcome.

If you need any Insurance advice call me--make it quick im on Hoiday from Sunday! Yee- ha!

CRAZY K

ok just got this email from sound control.
    The products have been ordered for you and we should receive them from the manufactures within the next ten days. Ten Days Bloody Hell What happened to next day Service.

That it appaulling!

As you say, the manufacturers can deliver to dealers within a day or two at the most, then another day or two to get to you - and since you were told last week that they were handling the replacement, you should rightly expect to have it on your doorstep within the next day or two!!!

Maybe they are giving you the outside deadline to cover themselves and it might turn up a lot quicker than than. I really do hope so - otherwise, you are looking at around 6 weekends in total from original claim until replacement, aren't you?

The potential lost revenue for that sort of period means you could say stuff insurance, bear the risk yourself, pay for any replacements and still come out financially ahead!!!

To all fellow DJs, What a great Business we are all in?
    Firstly let me intoduce myself, My name is Adrian or known as DJ Chunky from Elite Mobile Entertainment, been in the profession for 21Years and love an it. will give more details soon, just re-designing my web site. one thing I hate is cowboys.
    Couple of questions to asked if someone could answer for me.
    1) How does one join the MDA ?
    2) I transport my gear in a big box trailer, but never advertised that Im a mobile disco,should I advertise the company on the trailer,or just keep going has I have for the last 21 Years ?
    Your input would be much appreciate
    all the best Adrian.
    [email protected]

Adrian

Hello and welcome

you could of introduced your self in the newbis section :teeth:

Anyway

Hello and Welcome

Callum:- this IS the Newbies section..... it's just someone else's 'Hello' thread!

Adrian:-

What Callum meant to say was that you should really have started a new thread to introduce yourself rather than posting on the end of someone elses, but no harm done

Now to reply to your post!!!!!!

Hello
    In answer to your questions:-
    1. At the present time, joining this forum allows you a say in all things MDA, but there may be some changes in the foreseeable future.
    2. Trailers are more vunerable (security wise) than vehicles, so personally I wouldn't advertise on it what may be in it! ...but that's just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Entertainment
    Adrian:-

What Callum meant to say was that you should really have started a new thread to introduce yourself rather than posting on the end of someone elses, but no harm done
    He has
    Last edited by Corabar Steve; 24-10-2006 at 12:21 AM.
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

hello Alistair,Welcome to the forum.