Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: laptop help needed.

Default laptop help needed.

Im looking at going into the VJ side of things on the setup. Ive borrowed some videos off my friend and i seem to be having some problems with my laptop crashing when i play videos through it or activate effects or even edit them. Its not doing it all the time though

The screen goes white and the window on the screen freezes which is resulting in a restart of Virtual DJ.

The video from the laptop is been outputted via the HDMI out on my laptop.
    im assuming my Sony Vaio laptop should be more than powerful enough with a Intel Core i5 processor, 6 gig of ram, 1gb of Nvidia Independent Geforce 410m graphics.

The machine itself has already been optimised using one of the Virtual DJ Guides on the internet. All the drivers are the latest drivers. Ive been on the NVIDIA website and got the latest drivers as well.

anyone got any idea or any settings i could try.

Thanks again

John

Are you running the videos in a window, you need to extend the desktop in the control panel and then select your video card in VDJ as the video output.

There is also an application in the tools section called registry tool in VDJ downloads tools section of their website as there is a bug with certain Nvidia cards and it may need the tool running to sort it.

It may help, if not put a post up on VDJ forum they are very helpful.
    Northamptonshires Premier Video Disco • Northamptonshire based PAT Testing
    -----
    Pioneer DJM 2000, Apple MacBook Pro 17", 2 x Pioneer CDJ 1000 Mk III, 2 x Technics SL1210, Virtual DJ

Thanks James. I really appreciate your help. Ive got all that side of it working with the extend desktop and all that and got the video outputting on the screens as they should.

I intend to use SBDJ Scrolltext on as well visuals for songs i havent got the videos for. Ive been to help one of my VJ friends Sean Minns setup this afternoon and tested my machine with his monitors and rear view projection screens.

Last night i had it all out for about 3/4 hours running music videos through it and it crashed a couple of times within that time. Ill definetely try the registry tool recommended though.

If all still fails with that. I have got another Sony Vaio laptop that i use at home for personal use with a dual core AMD Athlon inside it, 3gb of Ram and a ATI Radeon Graphics card and see how it runs on that.

Thanks Again James

Have A Good Christmas

John
    Last edited by Twinspin; 16-12-2011 at 04:39 PM.

This my sound silly but turn of your internet when your using VDJ or the video it worked for me, but you need to turn it of before opening anything!

Internet is all off on my gig machine Wireless adapter is disabled. Dont even have internet explorer on it or any browser.

thanks for the suggestion though

What version of VDJ are you using, is it a genuine version because VDJ 7.05 is very stable and your system is more than capable of running it.
    Northamptonshires Premier Video Disco • Northamptonshire based PAT Testing
    -----
    Pioneer DJM 2000, Apple MacBook Pro 17", 2 x Pioneer CDJ 1000 Mk III, 2 x Technics SL1210, Virtual DJ

Hi James. Its the latest version and a proper genuine copy of it. I bought it about 4 months ago when i got the MC6000. So i can get any updates or addons from the VDJ site thats needed.

Last edited by Twinspin; 17-12-2011 at 12:28 PM.

Right then Update. Ive been down to the hotel tonight to set everything up and im using one of my friends 32 inch LCD Screens in the middle of the truss . Up to now everything seems to be working alright. Ive tried the Music videos, Visualisations and the Scroll text and its all working alright.

I will have my other Vaio laptop with me tonight with an ATI Radeon inside it. So im more than covered in terms of backup. Will also have a music laptop running as well.
    Last edited by Twinspin; 17-12-2011 at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Twinspin View Post
    Im looking at going into the VJ side of things on the setup. Ive borrowed some videos off my friend and i seem to be having some problems with my laptop crashing when i play videos through it or activate effects or even edit them. Its not doing it all the time though

The screen goes white and the window on the screen freezes which is resulting in a restart of Virtual DJ.

The video from the laptop is been outputted via the HDMI out on my laptop.
    im assuming my Sony Vaio laptop should be more than powerful enough with a Intel Core i5 processor, 6 gig of ram, 1gb of Nvidia Independent Geforce 410m graphics.

The machine itself has already been optimised using one of the Virtual DJ Guides on the internet. All the drivers are the latest drivers. Ive been on the NVIDIA website and got the latest drivers as well.

anyone got any idea or any settings i could try.

Thanks again

John
    What model vaio are you running it on? I think I've got the same one as you and I've been video dj'ing on it for 6 months with no problem.

Its a Sony Vaio VPCEJ1Z1E

Intel Core i5 processor, 6gb ram, 640gb hdd. 1gb of Nvidia Geforce 410m graphics, Blu-ray Rom drive.

The laptop has crashed twice tonight with the videos. Where ive had to reboot virtual dj but i did have a music laptop plugged in which was Peters.

I had problems listening through my headphones tonight with videos on my MC6000. Couldnt hear nothing out of them through the midi channels 1 and 4 were fine.
    Last edited by Twinspin; 18-12-2011 at 02:51 AM.