Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Playlist from my first proper disco.

Quote Originally Posted by Daryll View Post
    Great track is that , I try to play it as often as I can.................

All joking aside , nothing wrong with that list , you had people dancing and enjoying themselves , thats what counts.

Daryll
    Track 17 is good, but I've always preferred Track 7 - it's got a much better dancing beat!!

Quote Originally Posted by DeckstarDeluxe View Post
    Despite the fact we are more experienced there was only one person there so I think we need to give more credit.

Most of the playlist looks good to me, only thing is Bieber and Glee are very marmite artists so need to be fairly sure thats the right way to go.

Also fancy remixes of known songs are something I try and avoid. People like to hear the version of the track they know. There are exceptions don't get me wrong.
    I couldn't agree more about JB and Glee. Personally, there's only one Glee track that I like and JB only ever gets requested by ten-year-olds!

However, I disagree about the remix tracks. Two mainstays of my set are the RWL remix of Dolly Parton's 9 to 5 and also the North x North West remix of Big Spender. There are lots of remixes I through in from time to time but these two are ever-present. (to be fair, Neil does state there are some exceptions to his "don't play remixes" rule!).
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    as its your first gig I would have a 100% tried a tested playlist prepared and stick to that. All of my christmas functions I have done this as each event is very similar but with different people.

requests are a blessing and a curse.

People have funny ideas of tracks "that will get everyone dancing" (even thought they already are) and unless you have the working knowlege you will never know.
    The one you played was good and as long as people wehttp://www.forum.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=581283re dancing thats all you can do.

I generally do not plan many other events but rely on expirience and a good client track selection.
    Play lists are also a blessing and a curse.

Trouble is you dont get them often at Corporate Events in advance.

I prefer Weddings especially because the B and G seem to want to have a big say in the music, which also makes our job a lot easier--assuming the choice is not too diverse

Quote Originally Posted by DazzyD View Post
    Track 17 is good, but I've always preferred Track 7 - it's got a much better dancing beat!!
    7 is ok, but I always prefered 20
    http://www.7digital.com/artists/karm...ful-purgatory/
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAZY K ROADSHOW View Post
    Play lists are also a blessing and a curse.
    Request lists are better
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Steve View Post

Request lists are better
    Yes I suppose you can refuse a request---but if its a paying customer can you?

Might be an interesting debate.

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZY K ROADSHOW View Post
    Yes I suppose you can refuse a request---but if its a paying customer can you?

Might be an interesting debate.
    Generally I wouldn't refuse a request from the customer directly. If it was outside the boundries of decency I would definately ask for validation that they really want it, like when I got asked to play RATM - Killing in the Name as the closing track at a wedding I did.

They definitely wanted it. Swearing and all and so they got what they wanted ;-)

no advice then on the playlist then

You'll get used to it
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

OK, thans for your time anyway, have a nice Christmas.

I have also personally found that too many xmas songs can begin to annoy people.
    I tend to throw in the pogues halfway thru and play mariah carey all i want for christmas near the end of the night.
    If someone asks for more then im happy to oblige but this very rarely happens, mainly due to shops playing these songs all December so were all sick of them halfway through the month!
    PS i am rather disturbed by your choice of Shane Ritchie! the rest looks fine and if people are up dancing thats all that matters

I usually play Mariah Carey near the end about 20 minutes before the finish then if it works you can fill out the remaining time with the floorfillers of xmas tunes, if it bombs you can bet your bottom dollar the others will too.
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk