Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Virtual DJ Database v5 to v7

Default Virtual DJ Database v5 to v7

Hello.

I have just brought a Denon MC6000 software controller to use as my main playout system, and I have been using Virtual DJ version 5 up until now because it worked and I didn't see the need to upgrade.

From what I can understand and I've read, I need to have the latest firmware for the MC6000, and have the latest ASIO drivers. I also need to have the latest version of Virtual DJ which I have just downloaded.

In Virtual DJ 5, I have created a massive list of all the music I regulary play at gigs, and it saves all the most used ones at the top and then all the ones I don't use at the bottom, but the problem I have is, when I open Virtual DJ 7 with the VDJ 5 database file in the Virtual DJ folder in my documents on my computer, it doesn't work.

I've also tried renaming the file to "Virtual DJ Database v7" but it still doesn't work.

I don't want to loose this list because I use it to DJ and I don't want to have to start all over again if I can help it.

How can I convert the V5 database file to a V7 one for Virtual DJ to be able to work?

Anyone help?

Thank you!

From memory I think it converted it when installing VDJ 7. Might be better to ask on the VDJ forum.
    Northamptonshires Premier Video Disco • Northamptonshire based PAT Testing
    -----
    Pioneer DJM 2000, Apple MacBook Pro 17", 2 x Pioneer CDJ 1000 Mk III, 2 x Technics SL1210, Virtual DJ

Quote Originally Posted by DJ James Lake View Post
    From memory I think it converted it when installing VDJ 7. Might be better to ask on the VDJ forum.
    I don't think mine has.

I updated from 6 to 7 and i just opend the playlist and it worked fine but i did remap the songs so the playlist could find them
    Dave

From what My bud Matt say it depends on whether you bought or ''downloaded'' your copy of VDJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Thomas Top Banana DJ View Post
    From what My bud Matt say it depends on whether you bought or ''downloaded'' your copy of VDJ.
    Doesn't make any difference. You just update to the newer version either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    Doesn't make any difference. You just update to the newer version either way.
    I think it was a polite way of saying Legitimate/Hookey given the quotes around "downloaded"

I upgraded throughout the series and never had any problems with not finding the correct databases. But, as has already been suggested, the best place for advice is the VDJ forums. That's what they're there for!

Quote Originally Posted by katman View Post
    I think it was a polite way of saying Legitimate/Hookey given the quotes around "downloaded"
    I got that impression, too!!
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!