Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's NOT working NYE ??

Default Who's NOT working NYE ??

I don't know if it is just people I have spoke to, this area or in general but there seems to be a lot of DJ's not working this NYE - and also a lot of last minute cancellations. I have also noticed a lot lower fees than usual, especially when compared to normal fees charged.

So, I am off (then again rarely work NYE anyway) so who else, and any stories behind why you are off, or opinions on fees for NYE this year ???

I'm off. I don't do NYE (hate working that night). I'd much rather spend the evening with family and friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    I'm off. I don't do NYE (hate working that night). I'd much rather spend the evening with family and friends.

Were not out NYE either, especially when we work (as do other DJs) very antisocial times (late nights weekends etc), its nice to have an evening off with friends and family who also are off work etc.
    Last edited by DJForrest; 30-12-2011 at 04:00 PM. Reason: Spelling mistake
    Chris.
    Comet Entertainment.

Not working as retired ! Only got 2 dynamos (sold) & few other bits left anyway. Said to the mrs been nice just me & her doing what we want over Xmas & New Year. Worked the last 6 NYEs, so got wine, nibbles, champers & going to watch Alan Carr !

Happy New Year everyone hope you get lots of work in 2012

Just spoke to the missus and we've decided to stay in, then down to the in-laws the next afternoon. So it's going to be a quiet one for me.

Not working. Ours was cancelled in favour of getting a wedding instead. They got no wedding in the end so the venue is doing nothing too now.

Works for me as would rather not be out working. Turned two alternatives down following the cancellation. Rare NYE off, which will be nice.
    www.nkentertainment.co.uk
    The north wests premier wedding DJ and singer package. We will not be beaten on quality!
    www.michaelmooble.co.uk

Im off for the first time in quite a few years, could be a blessing though as I ended up getting stuck in snow at this time last year

I'm working....for a heavily reduced fee.
    Jonathan Ford's Travelling Discotheque http://www.jftd.co.uk/
    Thoughtful mobile disco entertainment across the Midlands

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    I don't know if it is just people I have spoke to, this area or in general but there seems to be a lot of DJ's not working this NYE - and also a lot of last minute cancellations. I have also noticed a lot lower fees than usual, especially when compared to normal fees charged.

So, I am off (then again rarely work NYE anyway) so who else, and any stories behind why you are off, or opinions on fees for NYE this year ???
    Barn Dancing /Line Dancing has not been popular this year for NYE or that much previously--- and as I did an equivalent well paid Wedding gig on the 27th off to the Village Pub as usual to see in the New Year with wife, friends, relatives etc and laugh at the £50 Disco.

TBH the Pub might just as well play background music as most people are more interested in talking and drinking.

We can all sing Auld Lang Syne anyway

The NYE marketplace does not appear as busy as it used to be--unless you can combine it with a Wedding or Birthday.

For those working out there have a great night.