Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wizard extreme help

Default Wizard extreme help

I'm getting on with my wizard extreme pretty well but I've got a big problem - the bulb won't last any longer than 24 hours!

The wizard arrived, I plugged it in and everything worked fine. The next time I turned it on the bulb had blown (10 minutes after turning it off) I put it down to being knocked during transportation so I fitted it with a new bulb. I was really careful not to hold the glass for the White bit and verything was fine. It worked (turned it on and off loads of times) I set the one wizard up at my wedding yesterday and gave it a quick test - fine, no problem. Turned it off and then on again 30 minutes later it blew!

That's two bulbs now...£100 a pop. I don't want to put any more in until I know what's wrong?

Is there any voltage selector on the fixture ?

Hi Charlie,

I think with the discharge bulbs you can't keep switching them on an off, you have to wait for them to cool properly in between or use DMX blackout.
    Could be wrong though!

Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Dj Diddy Davies View Post
    Hi Charlie,

I think with the discharge bulbs you can't keep switching them on an off, you have to wait for them to cool properly in between or use DMX blackout.
    Could be wrong though!

Steve.
    Good point. A discharge lamp wont restrike if it hasnt cooled down sufficiently. Have you read the manual ?

http://www.martin.com/service/downlo...N_F.pdf&cat=65

Look at the DMX modes, there are commands for turning the lamp OFF you may be inadvertantly doing that.
    Last edited by katman; 31-12-2011 at 10:10 AM.

you need to put it in blackout mode when not needed.

Ahh, thinking about it (the second time) I probably turned it on and off in quick succession two or three times - sorting out my mains etc.

Probably explains it. Doh!

Which lamps are you using?

As above, effects with discharge lamps shouldn't be turned on and off repeatedly within a short space of time

The good news is that your expensive lamps haven't blown. They'll work just fine again.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    The good news is that your expensive lamps haven't blown. They'll work just fine again.
    Shame they're in the bin at a venue
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

I think it's more likley to be oil/sweat from your fingers left from fitting the lamp that has caused the lamp to overheat, you should clean it after you have fitted it, with denatured alcohol or methylated spirits before use. It's important that it's free from grease or residue. You can buy meths from most hardwear stores or DIY type shops and decorators.
    Check you are useing the correct lamp.

Lamp
    Type: 250 W discharge
    Fitted as standard: Osram HSD 250/80
    Color temperature: 8000 K
    Average lifetime: 3000 hours
    Socket: G5.3
    Approved alternative lamp(s): Philips MSD 250/2, Osram HSD 250/60, Philips MSD 200
    Inside every old person, is a young person wondering 'What The Hell Happened'. Tempus Fugit

Disco 4 Hire