Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: amazing insurance quote!

Default amazing insurance quote!

Just got a car insurance policy with one extra named driver for £325 with Churchill.
    The best thing is I have listed myself as a mobile disco owner and said I use it for business so totally covered!
    Vol excess of £250.

They will also accept my 6 years no claims from my last commercial van policy (some insuers will not accept commercial).
    I did it through quidco cashback site so will receive a further £50 off the £325.

Just thought this was very good as its a proper insurance company and not some random business that has decided to sell insurance

Very pleased as I got sting on my girlfriends £350 car for £650 insurance as swift cover did not accept my no claims
    Last edited by yourdj; 02-01-2012 at 04:31 PM.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Your very lucky then, I've just had a look and they've quoted me £1062.00 with 4 years NCD and no convictions and £1100.00 third party
    If I'm talking to much, tell me to shut up!!

The views expressed by this member are solely his own and are not connected with the company he is representing.

Default Van Insurance

Budget Van Insurance are doing some very sensible prices for DJ's at the moment. Just renewed mine for £406 including RAC cover.

Admittedly, this doesn't include cover for your kit in the vehicle and you don't get third party cover on other vehicles but most people will have separate cover for that sort of thing anyway. Nevertheless, it's ideal cover if you are concerned about staying within the law when travelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Get Me A DJ View Post
    Your very lucky then, I've just had a look and they've quoted me £1062.00 with 4 years NCD and no convictions and £1100.00 third party
    On what?
    I do live in a semi nice area which may help?

Quote Originally Posted by paulg View Post
    Budget Van Insurance are doing some very sensible prices for DJ's at the moment. Just renewed mine for £406 including RAC cover.

Admittedly, this doesn't include cover for your kit in the vehicle and you don't get third party cover on other vehicles but most people will have separate cover for that sort of thing anyway. Nevertheless, it's ideal cover if you are concerned about staying within the law when travelling.
    Have you stated you are a DJ with that. its cheap for commercial.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

What sort of car is that on Toby ??
    My car insurance has came down by a lot for some reason this year.
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk

My Citroen relay 1.9D van insurance was £40 cheaper last September than the previous. 12yrs NCB and fully comp it cost £217.
    The £40 reduction came about when I said 'Surely you can do it cheaper' and the reply was 'We can reduce it by £40 if you send a copy of your licence'. This was photocopied and saved me £40. This was with A-Plan insurance in the Eastleigh branch.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisj View Post
    My Citroen relay 1.9D van insurance was £40 cheaper last September than the previous. 12yrs NCB and fully comp it cost £217.
    The £40 reduction came about when I said 'Surely you can do it cheaper' and the reply was 'We can reduce it by £40 if you send a copy of your licence'. This was photocopied and saved me £40. This was with A-Plan insurance in the Eastleigh branch.
    That is cheap - is that declaring you are a DJ as well ??

How strange I have just tried Churchill which came in at £1004.83, more than double that of my renewal. I would really love to find out how car insurance companies work out their prices.
    Last edited by ppentertainments; 17-02-2012 at 08:58 PM.
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post

I would really love to find out how car insurance companies work out their prices.
    What? You mean there's a system for working out quotes??

When I tried to insure the car I used to have, the range of figures for the quotes I got was so huge I thought they must just use random number generators!!
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Yep, I'm down as a Mobile DJ. Fully comp with protected no claims. I do benefit from 30 years blame free driving and I live in a reasonable area. A 70ps Transit Connect is not a racing car either.

Always ring these places - don't bother with those price comparison sites, although they might make a good starting point to weed out the companies who don't want your business.

i have a commercial policy

any driver over 25, max 6 points

£255 per vehicle