Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Replacement 18" and 15" drivers

Default Replacement 18" and 15" drivers

Had a hire out new years eve and the DJ's had thrashed the system and blown one stack of speakers they had overridden the processor. A mixture of problems really, drivers, fuses and crossovers have gone.

I am looking for suggestions for decent 15" drivers for top cabinets and 18" drivers for bass cabinets that I can replace them with. They would require a power rating of around 600 - 1000w. To be honest the original EV drivers have quite a low power rating of around 400w and I have had to recone them before.

Default Replacement Drivers

Hi
    I have 2x Celestion FTR 4080 FD's they are rated at 1000 watts at 8 ohms only used for 10 gigs
    Jay

Hi Jay,

thanks for the reply. I have heard good reviews regarding those drivers on the speaker plan forums. Did you purchase them from new? How much are you looking for for a pair?

Cheers, Steve.

Hi Steve
    I purchased them new through Adlib audio in Liverpool a couple of years ago and at the time they where £225.00 a driver. I actually have them for sale on speakerplans. They are in great condition and i'm only selling them as I have twin 15 inch bass cabs and I never use the 18's and I have put the original Beyma drivers back in the cabs they came from as I am also looking at selling my old pa system.I am looking for £300 delivered.The cheapest I've seen them is at lean business for £182 each
    Jay

Peavey Low rider 8ohm 18s and 15s...800w RMS 3.2kw peak each.
    Last edited by ultrasound disco; 04-01-2012 at 12:04 AM.